About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
The registered professional nurse integrates and practices according to the City of Hope Professional Practice Model to deliver care service excellence. In alignment with City of Hope Orange County's mission and values, the Division of Nursing and Patient Care Services vision and mission, and with continuous focus on the patient, family and community, carries out the nursing process, coordinates interdisciplinary care planning, documents according to standards, including validation of the patient and caregiver's understanding of the plan of care and expected outcomes. The nurse is a change agent, committed to lifelong learning, professional development and embodiment of City of Hope organizational mission and values, and the values and ethos of the profession of nursing. Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Understands and applies the City of Hope Code of Conduct, Code of Organizational Ethics, policies, procedures, performance and quality improvement objectives, promotion of a culture of service excellence, attendance, safety, environmental and infection control guidelines. Maintains integrity and confidentiality.
- Accepts the tenets of professional nursing practice and maintaining healthy interpersonal relationships Responsibility, Authority and Accountability
- Demonstrates competent understanding of and application of The Swanson Model of Caring and Healing The City of Hope Quality of Life Model
- Demonstrates competent application of the nursing process according to the Role Based Practice model:
- Diagnosis / condition
- Plan of care
- Teach / Inform
- Dynamic interaction (circularity) among steps a - f
- Assess patient level of stability and interrelatedness of direct and indirect RN provided care / dose of care
- Care Coordination
- If hired before May 1, 2012: Graduate from nursing school with a diploma, Associate Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing. If hired after May 1, 2012, Bachelor's Degree or Master's degree in Nursing is required.
- Three to five years related experience
- Infusion experience
- California RN license
- Basic Life Support
- The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate's experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.