Why Patients Need You
Everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to the quality and the delivery of safe and effective products to patients. Our science and risk-based compliant quality culture is flexible, innovative, and customer oriented. Whether you are involved in development, maintenance, compliance or analysis through research programs, your contribution will directly impact patients.What You Will Achieve
Pfizer BioMedicine Design group at San Diego, CA is seeking an outstanding and highly motivated Senior Associate Scientist with training in molecular biology and protein production to join a dynamic team in antibody discovery, optimization, and production. This role requires good understanding and hands-on skills in molecular biology and protein engineering. How You Will Achieve
- Work within a team on various antibody identification, optimization, and/or production projects in parallel
- Implement molecular biology methods such as reformatting scFv to IgG and other modalities
- Clone mRNA constructs and perform in vitro transcription (IVT)
- Comfortable working with automation methods using liquid handling equipment
- Design experiments, analyze data, and troubleshoot when issues arise, under supervision
- Present experimental design and results at internal meetings
- B.S in Biological Science (Molecular Biology, Structural Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology) or a related field (Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering and Biological Engineering) with 3+ years or M.S with 1-2 years of relevant experience in either an academic or industrial setting
- Understand principles and able to execute modern molecular biology techniques (primer design, vector design, PCR, gel extraction, restriction cloning, Gibson Assembly, In-Fusion, plasmid prep), preferred in antibody engineering field.
- Tissue-culture sterile techniques, transient expression, basic antibody purification
- Track record of demonstrating analytical skills, bench skills and problem-solving skills
- Understand the underlying principles of the performed experiments and document timely
- Outstanding proactive attitude, collaborative, self-aware, and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced interdisciplinary scientific team and the desire to learn new techniques
- Good communication skills and ability to present research in a team setting
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Previous experience with protein and/or antibody engineering
- Previous experience with Geneious or other sequence data analysis software
Other Job Details:
- Lifting, sitting, standing, walking, bending, ability to perform mathematical calculations and ability to perform complex data analysis.
- Work Location Assignment:On Premise
On Premise colleagues work in a Pfizer site because it's needed to get their job done. They may have flexibility to work remotely from time to time, but they are primarily on-site.
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $62,800.00 to $104,500.00. In addition, this position offers an annual bonus with a target of 7.5% of the base salary. Benefits offered include a retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans. Salary range does not apply to the Tampa, FL location.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development