About City of Hope
City of Hope's mission is to deliver the cures of tomorrow to the people who need them today. Founded in 1913, City of Hope has grown into one of the largest cancer research and treatment organizations in the U.S. and one of the leading research centers for diabetes and other life-threatening illnesses. City of Hope research has been the basis for numerous breakthrough cancer medicines , as well as human synthetic insulin and monoclonal antibodies. With an independent, National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center at its core, City of Hope brings a uniquely integrated model to patients spanning cancer care, research and development, academics and training, and innovation initiatives. City of Hope's growing national system includes its Los Angeles campus, a network of clinical care locations across Southern California, a new cancer center in Orange County, California, andtreatment facilities in Atlanta, Chicago and Phoenix. City of Hope's affiliated group of organizations includes Translational Genomics Research Institute and AccessHope TM . For more information about City of Hope, follow us on Facebook , Twitter , YouTube , Instagram and LinkedIn .City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
The Binghui Shen laboratory of Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope is looking for a talented staff scientist.
The staff scientist series is designed for career research professionals whose primary function is to support the research infrastructure and activities of the institution. Staff scientists will bring special skills, knowledge and experience to research programs or institutional core laboratories. Individuals appointed as staff scientists will receive a one-year fixed-term contract.
The Shen laboratory has been focusing on DNA replication/repair pathway components, cancer genetics and epigenetics, and cancer etiological and therapeutics modeling. The laboratory is seeking a staff scientist who has experience in protein complex expression and purification and is familiar with Cryo-EM technology.Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
Preferred education, experience and skills for consideration:
- The Staff Scientist must possess, at a minimum, the U.S. equivalent Bachelor's or Master's degree in an appropriate discipline, and will often have a Ph.D. or other doctoral level degree.
- Desirable candidates may have a Ph.D. or M.S. degree in the field of biological/medical sciences.
- Training background in molecular/cellular biology, biochemistry or genetics.
- Protein complex expression and purification.
- Familiarity with Cryo-EM technology.
- Ambition for a scientific career and interest in DNA replication and repair, genome stability, and cancer biology.
- Candidates with additional skills in molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry, bioinformatics, and data mining are encouraged to apply.
- For more information on Dr. Binghui Shen's research please visit here .
- The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate's experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.