Medical Scientific Liaison
- Kolkata, India
- Closing date
- May 28, 2023
- Health Sciences, Drug Development, Medicine
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Organization Type
105,000 people reimagining medicine for more than 766 million people globally. The MSL is responsible for scientifically engaging, collaborating and aligning with a broad range of external stakeholders to co-create value, address identified patient needs and ultimately change the practice of medicine for better patient access and outcomes. They leverage the right evidence at the right time during their scientific engagements, and identify impactful insights and opportunities that impact and inform the Integrated Product Strategy (IPS), Integrated Evidence Generation Plans, launch excellence roadmap, Patient Journey and medical strategies. MSLs also contribute to innovative healthcare partnerships and implement relevant disease area strategies. They will act as a strategic scientific partner, and collaborate with other Field matrix colleagues (e.g. Value/Market Access, HEOR, clinical research colleagues) to ensure Novartis can support healthcare systems strengthening & improve patient access and outcomes.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to
• Be a strategic internal partner, gather and leverage insights for an impactful contribution to Patient Journey mapping, launch excellence roadmap, integrated evidence generation plans, integrated product strategy and subsequently the medical strategy. Utilize knowledge of assigned therapeutic area and Novartis compounds to serve as the Medical, Clinical and Scientific expert to field matrix colleagues
• Identify data gaps, data generation opportunities (including RWE and implementation science, precision medicine), and key unmet needs and opportunities to help improve patient access and outcomes.
• Ensure appropriate identification and mapping of external stakeholders, aligned to the medical strategy, and in collaboration with other Novartis colleagues. Able to create personalized, flexible engagement strategies and plans, leveraging multiple channels and tailored content to meet the changing needs of external stakeholders
• Personalize and expand external stakeholder engagement beyond Healthcare Professionals. Support and contribute to innovative partnership models for shared ownership in transforming clinical practice, apply foundational impactful Scientific Engagement principles in stakeholder interactions in alignment with medical strategy and portfolio/pipeline prioritization.
• Communicate the right evidence to the right stakeholder at the right time, enabling stakeholders to make informed decisions, respond to unsolicited requests for information from stakeholders by sharing appropriate data regarding marketed and pipeline compounds in a timely, compliant, and stakeholder-focused manner.
• Support Novartis Clinical Trials, adopt and leverage digital channels for a broader, effective, personalized reach and impact, in addition to leading high level impactful scientific events, exchanges and medical education.
• Manage personal and professional development., manage administrative responsibilities in a timely manner (customer relationship management tool, compliance training and other modules, expense reporting, etc.). Promote and adhere to Ethics and Compliance Professional Practices Policy (P3). Wherever applicable, collaborate with medical teams & HCPs to facilitate MAPs (Managed Access Program) on receipt of unsolicited request.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
• Pharmacist, Masters, or other post-graduate degree in health/life sciences. Doctoral degree preferred (PharmD, PhD, MD),
• Acts with credibility and clarity of purpose to build and maintain effective and collaborative relationships, working knowledge of the Healthcare System and research procedures as well as the guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry.
• Experience in a medical function (2-3 years preferred) in at least one therapeutic area.
• Capable of self-directed learning and having a growth mindset, excellent communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills, with the ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences.
• Application of a curious mindset, employing active listening skills and asking open questions to gain insights and uncover current thinking.,capable to adapt, organize, prioritize, and work effectively and collaboratively on multifunctional teams in a dynamic field-based environment.
• Proven ability to successfully leverage new technology/digital/IT solutions for effective stakeholder mapping, development, management, and field medical insights gathering.
• Solid business mentality including innovative, solution-oriented, and critical thinking with performance-focused drive to achieve objectives and execute tactics, Strong personal integrity reflected in all actions and behaviors.
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team’s representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and accommodation
Novartis is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
At Novartis, we are reimagining medicine.
Our purpose is to reimagine medicine to improve and extend people's lives. We use innovative science and technology to address some of society's most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible.
Novartis has one of the industry’s most competitive pipelines. Many of these projects, which include new molecular entities as well as additional indications and different formulations for marketed products, are for medicines that could significantly advance treatment standards for patients worldwide.
We have entered an exciting era in health and biomedical innovation. Powered by our incredible colleagues, supported by our flexible-hybrid working model, new AI powered learning, personal growth and career platform and a refreshed commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion, we are well-poised to help lead this transformative moment for our industry and for ourselves. Join Us!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert