The preclinical and early clinical development of new vaccines, active agents and diagnostics in the field of anti-infectives is one of the important tasks of the German Centre for Infection Research (DZIF). To coordinate this task, the DZIF office in Braunschweig has established the Translational Project Management Office (TPMO).
To strengthen our team as of 01.08.2023, the TPMO is looking for a
Scientific Project Manager
for the area of vaccine development (f/m/d)
- Management and supervision of vaccine projects on your own responsibility and/or in close cooperation with superiors.
- Project and technology assessment
- Preparation of project plans and budgets, mainly for preclinical and early clinical development of vaccines
- Preparation of scientific-regulatory consultations with the Paul Ehrlich Institute; contributions to the preparation of relevant dossiers
- Intensive scientific dialogue with project leaders
- Project management of selected vaccine projects or project phases
- Scouting and evaluation of new projects and product candidates
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- PhD in the field of life sciences, microbiology, immunology or virology required (post-doctoral experience is an advantage)
- Understanding of and ideally first experience in the field of research and development of new vaccines, drugs and/or diagnostics
- First project management experience is an advantage
- Interest in regulatory requirements of manufacturing and quality as well as preclinical and early clinical development of vaccines
- Independent, analytical and structured way of working
- Competent communication skills with a very good command of written and spoken English
- Willingness to participate in relevant workshops and congresses
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally is a prerequisite
- Family-friendly atmosphere and flexible working hours
- Goal-oriented, individual further education and training opportunities
- Possibility of mobile working
- Company pension scheme
Remuneration and social benefits are according to TVöD/Bund depending on qualifications up to remuneration group E14 TVöD-Bund. The place of work is Braunschweig.
The full-time position (39 hours/week) is limited until 31 December 2025, with the possibility of a longer-term perspective. The position is not suitable for part-time work. The employment can be taken up as soon as possible.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application documents in electronic form only, summarised in a PDF document via the application form in our job portal by 24 June 2023.
For more information, please contact Dr. Schwamborn at email@example.com or Dr. Goy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information about the DZIF can be found at www.dzif.de.
Severely disabled persons will be given preferential consideration if they are equally qualified. In order to protect your rights, we ask you to provide us with a clearly recognisable reference to the existence of a degree of severe disability in your cover letter or CV.
By submitting your application, you consent to your data being processed and stored electronically.