Clinical Pathology Manager
- The Mary Lyon Centre at MRC Harwell (MLC)
- Harwell Campus, Oxfordshire
- £32,005 – £40,769 per annum (depending on experience)
- Closing date
- May 28, 2023
- Health Sciences, Pathology
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Organization Type
Clinical Pathology Manager
Harwell Campus, Oxfordshire
£32,005 – £40,769 per annum (depending on experience)
Full Time (36 hours per week)
The Mary Lyon Centre at MRC Harwell (MLC) https://www.har.mrc.ac.uk is the MRC’s national facility for mouse genetics, specialising in the preclinical studies and innovative life science technologies. The MLC has the mission to support and enable progressive translational research for the entire UK biomedical community. We are central to many exciting and ground breaking projects aimed at developing therapies for a wide range of human diseases.
About the Role
This is a unique opportunity for the successful candidate to work across projects in many different areas of disease research, from understanding the biology of genetic disease, to pre-clinical testing of models and novel therapeutics.
This is a critical post to ensure the running of our clinical pathology laboratory, not only maintaining delivery of routine services, but also setting up new state of the art equipment (multiplexing, flow cytometry). This involves designing new assays, QC of data platforms, and analysis of results. This post is responsible for the day to day running of the lab, as well as project management across different disciplines from researchers to biotech companies. In addition to the projects the post holder is directly responsible for, they will also be required to advise on clinical pathology aspects of the multiple projects running in the Mary Lyon Centre. The post holder will need to keep up to date with current trends in clinical pathology, and advise in the future direction of the MLC service.
Candidates will have a strong scientific background, including experience in clinical chemistry, haematology and flow cytometry. They must be extremely organised, able to work across multiple projects and coordinate work between different teams.
- Operational service delivery including: Day to day running of clinical chemistry and haematology analysers Immunoassays Flow cytometry
- Equipment purchase and maintenance
- Set-up and design of new assays/equipment
- Quality control and data analysis
- Provision of training to researchers
- Line management of a small team of laboratory technicians
Experience in some of these techniques is essential, however if you do not meet the full criteria please contact us as we would like to discuss how you might fit in our team.
You will need to hold/have:
- PhD or BSc with experience in the Biomedical Sciences
- Previous experience in general laboratory
- Previous experience in handling blood samples and analysis
- The ability to accurately follow protocols/SOPs
- Ability to work independently, and gather evidence to inform decision making processes
For the full job description, please visit our site on the link below.
Choosing to come to work at the MRC (part of UK Research and Innovation (UKRI)) means that you will have access to a whole host of benefits, from a defined-benefit pension scheme and excellent holiday entitlement, to access to employee shopping/travel discounts and a salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme. In addition, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the work of a world-class medical research organisation.
How to Apply
For full details and to apply, please click apply.
Please quote reference MLC 2143
The closing date for applications is 29 May 2023
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert