China Medical University (https://www.cmu.edu.cn/xqzl.htm), founded in 1931, is the first medical school established by the Communist Party of China. It was also one of the earliest schools that delivered college education of western medicine in China. In 2015, it was approved as a university jointly administered by the Liaoning Provincial Government, the National Health Commission and the Ministry of Education.
From the former Military Medical School of the Chinese Workers' and Peasants' Red Army to the current China Medical University, the University has maintained a consistent respect for talents throughout the times. The university has established a trust-based talents appointment mechanism, and is now recruiting deans around the world. We sincerely invite scholars from home and abroad to join the "Cradle of Red Doctors" at the bank of Puhe River, and create a brand-new future together towards the goal of a "domestic first-class and internationally-renowned research-intensive medical university".
I. Positions on Recruitment
Global recruitment for Deans of China Medical University in biomedical, nursing, forensic and biomedical engineering.
II. Recruitment Requirements
Basic requirements for global outstanding talents recruitment are as follows:
1. Support national educational policies and guidelines, qualified with good ideological and political awareness. Rigorous in academic pursuits, upright in character, dedicated in work, practical and pragmatic, with a strong sense of professionalism, good professional ethics, and teamwork spirit.
2. Strong organizational and leadership ability, adroit in efficient administration, communication and coordination, handling affairs in accordance with laws and regulations, and strong execution abilities, with a vision of big-picture, spirit of reform and innovation, and outstanding work achievements.
3. Possess necessary professional knowledge and qualifications as required by the position, familiar with higher education work and relevant policies and regulations, belief in the educational concept of “all-round education for all people throughout all processes”, and with good management abilities.
4. The age limit is 55 years old (born after April 1, 1968).
5. Experts and scholars with a graduate diploma, a doctoral degree, and in a senior professional and technical position, with experience in management and significant influence in the academia. Leadership experience of schools/departments of a university or key institutes is preferred.
6. Good physical conditions for daily performance of duties.
7. With high academic attainments, in a leading position in the same field globally, and has internationally recognized achievements.
8. Able to work full-time at CMU upon official appointment and the personnel files shall be transferred to CMU.
III. Job responsibilities
1. Be responsible the overall administrative work of the school;
2. Fully responsible for discipline construction of the school with a good grasp of discipline development trend;
3. Strengthen faculty development of the school, introduce and cultivate high-level talents with great efforts;
4. Promote the reform of teaching and curriculum systems, innovate talent cultivation models, and improve the quality of talent cultivation;
5. Implement strategies of internationalization, strengthen overseas cooperation and exchange and improve the level of internationalization of the school.
IV. Salary and benefits
1. Assist in forming a team;
2. A research supportive fund of RMB8-10 million;
3. An annual salary of RMB0.8-1.2 million before tax;
4. Talent housing of 130-160 square meters or equivalent housing subsidies, with a settlement fee of RMB0.8-1 million;
5. Coordinate work arrangements and schooling for spouse and children.
The above benefits will be offered on a "case by case" approach as appropriate with the actual appointment. The initial employment period is five years (the first year being a probation period).
V. Recruitment process
1. How to apply: Applicants should submit a copy of valid ID, proof of educational background (degree), certificate of professional titles, the job application form (see attachment) and relevant achievement materials to the email: email@example.com. Please indicate "Name+Dean of School of XX" in the title.
2. Review of qualifications
Contact: Miss Li
Tel: +86 24 31939638