We are seeking a highly qualified and motivated individual to develop novel methods to deliver therapeutic RNAs to specific cells and tissues using virus-like particles as a postdoctoral fellow. We are taking a radically innovative approach to delivery following the lessons taught by viruses. This is not your father’s VLP strategy. The selected candidate will be part of a new Ionis team developing cutting edge technology in gene editing and will have the opportunity to do groundbreaking science and make discoveries that will enable delivery of life-saving medicines based on CRISPR-related technologies.
- Ph.D. in chemical engineering, chemistry, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, or chemical biology, with a proven track record of innovative research, including publications in top tier scientific journals.
- Candidates will be considered that have expertise in functional characterization of protein expression, purification, renaturation, formulation, microfluidic methods, nanoparticle characterization, zeta potential measurements, molecular biology, or cell culture methods.
- Experience in advanced laboratory analytical techniques such as DLS, EM and cryoEM or mass spectrometry would be a plus.
- Expertise in virology, virus life cycle and genome packaging are a plus, but not a requirement.
- Self-starter who is a critical thinker, has a strong work ethic and is not afraid to take risks and initiate novel techniques.
- Outstanding organizational, communication and team skills.
- Ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment.