Executive Director, Launch Medical- Hematology
- East Hanover, New Jersey, United States
- Closing date
- Apr 12, 2023
- Health Sciences, Medicine
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- Organization Type
Bringing life-changing medicines to millions of people, Novartis sits at the intersection of cutting-edge medical science and innovative digital technology. As a global company, the resources and opportunities for growth and development are plentiful including global and local cross functional careers, a diverse learning suite of thousands of programs & an in-house marketplace for rotations & project work. With strong medicines pipeline our current transformation will not just deliver growth for our business but continue to allow us to bring innovative medicines to patients quickly.
The Executive Director, Launch Medical- Hematology is responsible for the implementation of global medical programs with focus on innovative launch readiness solutions. Working in collaboration with GDD, country/regional teams, and across GPS&C functions, co-lead with TAs the planning and execution of the medical/scientific engagement strategy (MSL / Field Medical Affairs strategy, medical education programs, scientific publication planning and Medical Expert network development) addressing and delivering strategic pre-launch and launch medical activities needs for patient, clinical, access and value to health care systems. The Executive Director, Launch Medical- Hematology will act as a subject matter expert in the development of the overarching strategies, providing inputs during design and along the end-to-end execution of programs. The Executive Director, Launch Medical- Hematology will provide leadership and deep medical expertise across TAs, pivoting support based on business priorities.
Major Responsibilities: Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Execute medical affairs launch strategy for all priority programs in key countries including transformation tactics such as: research/population health, innovative partnerships and integrated evidence plans.
• Co-develop plans for evidence generation, MSL / Field Medical Affairs strategy, medical education programs, scientific publication planning and Medical Expert network development with TAs.
• Co-own the development and implementation of innovative education and scientific communication plans for all brands for external stakeholders
• Financial tracking to ensure timely and cost-effective development & execution of medical activities.
• Prepare SRC submissions for prioritized launch portfolio.
• Partner with Development, Value & Access & TAs to shape launch portfolio and diversify evidence to achieve broad access at launch and to enhance impact on clinical practice for priority programs.
• Represent GMA around prioritized portfolio with internal (GDD, NIBR etc.) and external audiences, in collaboration with TAs including the investment, medical and regulatory communities, as well as pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry collaborators/partners.
• Provide input to shape Field Medical Strategies, develops, and executes Field Medical plans, ensure implementation of key Field Medical initiatives, e.g., insight gathering, sharing and translation into action, development and conduct of trainings on disease area and medical/ scientific knowledge, and guides MSL deployment.
The role can be based in either Switzerland and/or USA.
Our selection process will prioritize associates whose roles may be changing or may be impacted as a result of the Transforming for Growth reorganization.
For US based candidates:
The ideal location for this role is East Hanover, NJ but remote work may be possible (there may be some restrictions based on legal entity). Please note that this role would not provide relocation as a result. If associate is remote, all home office expenses and any travel/lodging to specific East Hanover, NJ for periodic live meetings will be at the employee’s expense. The expectation of working hours and travel (domestic and/or international) will be defined by the hiring manager. This position will require 20% travel.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team’s representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Minimum requirements: What you'll bring to the role:
• MD (Preferred) or PhD/PharmD in Health Sciences. Specialist Degree or specialist qualification related to discipline for which is responsible is an advantage.
• 7+ years in Pharmaceutical Industry experience in Medical Affairs and/or Clinical Development.
• Able to establish credibility and influence across a range of diverse stakeholders in a matrix organization to drive change.
• Deep understanding of health care systems and key external stakeholders.
• Understands unmet medical needs, generates the right evidence to fulfil them, uses innovative, multichannel communication formats for effective evidence dissemination.
• Highly preferred: Significant medical affairs pre-launch and launch experience in major markets (i.e., Germany, China, Japan)
• Preferred: Significant (3+ years) and recent (post 2015) US in-market experience: includes working in the US market with the local US customers, US health care systems / systems of care, US payors / accounts, US market strategy etc.
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse
teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
At Novartis, we are reimagining medicine.
Our purpose is to reimagine medicine to improve and extend people's lives. We use innovative science and technology to address some of society's most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible.
Novartis has one of the industry’s most competitive pipelines. Many of these projects, which include new molecular entities as well as additional indications and different formulations for marketed products, are for medicines that could significantly advance treatment standards for patients worldwide.
We have entered an exciting era in health and biomedical innovation. Powered by our incredible colleagues, supported by our flexible-hybrid working model, new AI powered learning, personal growth and career platform and a refreshed commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion, we are well-poised to help lead this transformative moment for our industry and for ourselves. Join Us!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert