Lab-based LCMS Bioanalytical Scientist, PK Sciences
- Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
- Closing date
- Apr 8, 2023
- Health Sciences, Drug Development
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Organization Type
Over 200 discovery programs in 7 disease areas for a global team of scientists to focus on new molecular entities, with many opportunities for innovative bioanalysis of complex modality therapeutics. This is part of what makes Novartis the premier place to develop your career as a pharmaceutical and bioanalytical professional. If you are curious, scientifically minded, and want to positively impact society by speeding delivery of novel therapies to patients, then look no further, NIBR is the place to be. As a Scientist in the Translational Medicine PK Sciences Bioanalytical group, you will have the opportunity to make a difference. If you have a collaborative nature, a commitment to teamwork across an organization and a relentless focus on improving patient care we want you to apply.
In this laboratory-based Scientist role, you will apply your hands-on expertise to the innovative bioanalysis of complex modality therapeutics, including oligonucleotides (xRNA: siRNA or ASO), novel low MW scaffolds, antibody-drug conjugates (ADC), radio ligand therapeutics (RLT), proteins and peptides. You will work with an elite team of scientists involved in the development and application of small and large molecule sample preparation and LC-MS methods for PK studies across the phases of our Novartis pipeline. Additionally, you will contribute to new technology platform evaluations to improve our capabilities for complex therapeutic modalities.
Your main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Work in a collaborative laboratory environment on advanced LC-MS based method development and sample analysis. Evaluate and interpret bioanalytical data and results from Discovery Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamics (PK/PD) studies. Perform the Non-Compartmental analysis (NCA) to be included in the complete summary report.
• Primary role will be to work on challenging low molecular weight, peptide, protein and new modality Discovery drug candidates across all therapeutic areas.
• Help manage the outsourcing of the Bioanalysis for the more routine compounds to our partner CROs.
• Design and perform bioanalytical experimental work independently and engage collaboratively in challenging research questions with partner drug discovery scientists.
• Provide process and technical improvements to bioanalytical procedures to increase throughput and efficiencies while maintaining high quality and fit for purpose accuracy of laboratory measurements. Introduce and evaluate new technologies and innovative methods of analysis, in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
• Represent the bioanalytical function on project teams and present results, data interpretation, timelines etc. at project team meetings.
• Present results internally/externally.
• Opportunity to explore non-LC-MS bioanalytical technologies such as ligand-binding assays.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you will bring to the role:
• B.S. or M.S. in chemistry, biochemistry or related field with minimum 3 or 5 years respectively of relevant lab experience in a pharmaceutical, CRO or related industry.
• Advanced hands-on experience in bioanalytical sample preparation, LC-MS method development, and sample analysis.
• Agility and willingness to learn, implement, and share new bioanalytical techniques to support the evolving portfolio.
• General knowledge of pharmacokinetic data relevance and interpretation in a drug discovery environment. Be familiar with concepts of data handling and interpretation.
• Excellent planning, organization, and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects, and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills, presentation skills and ability to thrive in a dynamic matrixed working environment.
736 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2022, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $88,000 and $132,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
At Novartis, we are reimagining medicine.
Our purpose is to reimagine medicine to improve and extend people's lives. We use innovative science and technology to address some of society's most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible.
Novartis has one of the industry’s most competitive pipelines. Many of these projects, which include new molecular entities as well as additional indications and different formulations for marketed products, are for medicines that could significantly advance treatment standards for patients worldwide.
We have entered an exciting era in health and biomedical innovation. Powered by our incredible colleagues, supported by our flexible-hybrid working model, new AI powered learning, personal growth and career platform and a refreshed commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion, we are well-poised to help lead this transformative moment for our industry and for ourselves. Join Us!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert