Clinical Drug Development Postgraduate Training Program
- Basel, Switzerland
- Closing date
- Apr 1, 2023
- Health Sciences, Drug Development
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Organization Type
46’000! That’s the number of patients in clinical trials at Novartis. Our vision in GDD is to engage these patients, making sure we have the right patients, in the right trials, at the right sites, at the right time.
Do you want to use your expertise to help us reimagine medicine?
Then we would like to hear from you for current and future opportunities within our development units for:
• Neuroscience & Gene Therapy
• Global Health
• Cardiovascular, Renal & Metabolism
After your Master’s, Doctoral or Post-doctoral qualification, do you want to learn more about and gain more experience in Clinical Development at a leading global healthcare company and see how drugs are developed to help addressing unmet needs and reimagining medicine? Do you have a collaborative mindset and take ownership of assigned tasks, and are you able to quickly adapt to different multicultural teams and diverse concepts? Besides that, do you have excellent problem-solving skills?
The Clinical Development Postgraduate Training Program is an opportunity to discover the science of Clinical Development.
Duration and start of training: 2 years with an expected start date in September 2023
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Acquiring an understanding of the organization, how Clinical Functions and Clinical Development Units work together to develop solutions that address unmet needs for patients and discover the science of clinical development
• Contributing to development of trial-related documents (e.g., Clinical Trial Protocols (CTPs), informed consent form, case report forms, data analysis plan, data monitoring committee charters, reports, publications) for assigned clinical trial(s) consistent with the Clinical Development Plan. May include developing materials for trial-related advisory boards, data monitoring committees, investigators meetings, and protocol training meetings for Novartis local & global medical organizations
• Conducting ongoing medical, clinical, and scientific review of clinical trial data with Clinical Scientific Expert(s) with appropriate oversight from the Medical Lead
• Managing & preparing patient safety reports on trial data for use of safety and clinical boards (e.g., Safety Management Team, Global Clinical Team, Global Program Team) with appropriate oversight from the Medical Lead
• Providing input into final analyses and interpretation including the development of the Clinical Study Report(s), publications, and internal/external presentations
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Advanced degree in life-sciences is required, such as: Master Degree in one of the (bio) sciences, MPh, PhD, PharmD (completed within the last 2 years)
• Clinical development training/class module at university/institution, knowledge of GCP, clinical trial design, statistics, and regulatory or clinical development exposure preferred
• Seeking new and different experiences for learning in the pharmaceutical industry and curiosity about clinical development
• Strong interpersonal skills i.e. can demonstrate your ability to communicate well and establish effective working relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds/cultures and at different hierarchical levels inside and outside the company
743 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2022, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
At Novartis, we are reimagining medicine.
Our purpose is to reimagine medicine to improve and extend people's lives. We use innovative science and technology to address some of society's most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible.
Novartis has one of the industry’s most competitive pipelines. Many of these projects, which include new molecular entities as well as additional indications and different formulations for marketed products, are for medicines that could significantly advance treatment standards for patients worldwide.
We have entered an exciting era in health and biomedical innovation. Powered by our incredible colleagues, supported by our flexible-hybrid working model, new AI powered learning, personal growth and career platform and a refreshed commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion, we are well-poised to help lead this transformative moment for our industry and for ourselves. Join Us!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert