DPS Clinical Research Assistant I - Outcomes Research - Part Time 20 hours
- City of Hope
- Duarte, CA
- $31.00 - $34.67 / hour
- Closing date
- Mar 25, 2023
- Life Sciences
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Organization Type
City of Hope's mission is to deliver the cures of tomorrow to the people who need them today. Founded in 1913, City of Hope has grown into one of the largest cancer research and treatment organizations in the U.S. and one of the leading research centers for diabetes and other life-threatening illnesses. City of Hope research has been the basis for numerous breakthrough cancer medicines , as well as human synthetic insulin and monoclonal antibodies. With an independent, National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center at its core, City of Hope brings a uniquely integrated model to patients spanning cancer care, research and development, academics and training, and innovation initiatives. City of Hope's growing national system includes its Los Angeles campus, a network of clinical care locations across Southern California, a new cancer center in Orange County, California, andtreatment facilities in Atlanta, Chicago and Phoenix. City of Hope's affiliated group of organizations includes Translational Genomics Research Institute and AccessHope TM . For more information about City of Hope, follow us on Facebook , Twitter , YouTube , Instagram and LinkedIn .
City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
Manages an assigned set of multiple research protocols to assure efficiency and regulatory compliance of the protocol. Responsible for compilation, registration and submission of data; monitors study compliance and maintains a system for effective data flow associated with research protocols. Exercises frequent independent judgment as defined in the position accountabilities.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Conducts protocol management for an assigned set of multiple research protocols.
- Maintains current and accurate protocol documentation; notifies investigators of pertinent protocol changes.
- Ensures participants are appropriately registered; maintains documentation of participant registration.
- Compiles and submits data on appropriate forms according to protocol requirements.
- Ensures protocol compliance with intense monitoring of specific study requirements; and schedules protocol related activities.
- Plays active role in recruitment of participants to study.
- Assists in training and mentoring new clinical research staff members.
- Performs protocol specific clinical duties as required per the research study.
- Performs data management and data analyses, as required by the research study.
- Establishes and maintains interpersonal relationships with participants, visitors and other hospital personnel, while assuring confidentiality of participant information.
- Collects and delivers specimens for analysis, using appropriate or specified equipment for collecting and handling specimens; ensures proper labeling and obtains pertinent clinical and protocol information on request forms; develops and maintains knowledge of various aspects of processing specimens, paying particular attention to safety practices.
- Identifies and communicates important protocol and data management issues or problem areas to supervisor.
- Works on special data management projects as assigned.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to maintain certification/licensure, and/or keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Ensures work environment is organized and functions efficiently.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.
- Is able to function independently with no quality control audits beside one yearly audit.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Associate's Degree
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements
- Read, identify and extract pertinent data from medical record
- Ability to read, write and comprehend medical terminology
- Medical Terminology
- Medical Record, Health Information Systems, or related health field
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Bachelor's Degree
- The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate's experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert