Associate Director, Project Management (siRNA / Biotherapeutics)
- Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
- Closing date
- Apr 6, 2023
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- Organization Type
6000! This is the number of associates in the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR). This division is the innovation engine of Novartis, focusing on new technologies that have the potential to help produce therapeutic breakthroughs for patients. The Biologics Center (NBC) is accommodated within the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR). NBC, in collaboration with the disease areas and technical expert groups, builds the future biologics therapy pipeline of Novartis through the discovery and creation of new antibody, protein, nucleic acid and virus-based molecules.
As an Associate Director Project Management, you will have an opportunity to be at the cutting edge discovery, leading discovery and early development of innovative medicines that can improve lives of patients. In this role, you will bring expertise in early research project management in the field of biotherapeutics or siRNA therapeutics, with an emphasis on mAbs, multispecific Abs and therapeutic proteins, ADC molecules or siRNA technologies. Our group is driving successful execution of a wide range of biologics projects. This starts with early strategic and operational discussions on drug candidate generation, assembly of internal teams, and includes technical leadership of early process development and the developability assessment of candidate compounds.
What you’ll be doing: Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work collaboratively with cross-functional and multidisciplinary teams, spanning multiple global sites to discover and develop efficient Biotherapeutic- or siRNA-based therapies.
• Build and co-lead internal NBC teams of experimental scientists. Seek technical and operational input from key NBC / NIBR / Novartis stakeholders to build the project execution plan. Track and oversee projects by maintaining an overview of the project goals, activities and commitments, and timelines of project teams, in line with strategic priorities. Manage and optimize project plans and resource assignments with the aim to manage/mitigate risks.
• Responsible for the project from initiation through handover to technical development.
• Lead early process development and developability efforts.
• Network with DAs and downstream development partners to bring lead candidates towards full development. Lead in a matrix by influencing and effectively facilitating cross-functional decision making.
• Support teams in preparation and presentation at various governance boards.
• Manage day-to-day team communication, report periodically project progress to key stakeholders and escalate concerns if necessary.
• Represent NBC at multiple cross-functional teams and/or project management / portfolio-related initiatives around portfolio strategies and operational process improvement.
• Contribute to vendor/CRO evaluations, coordination of outsourcing requests, budget monitoring and communication, evaluation of external collaborations and due diligence.
• Ensure best practices, knowledge exchange and continuous mentoring and training of our team members.
This position will be located at the Cambridge, MA OR San Diego, CA site and will not have the ability to be located remotely. This position will require 1% travel as defined by the business (domestic and/ or international). We are ideally seeking local candidates that will not require relocation.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• PhD in a relevant field of study with 5+ years of biotech/pharma experience or M.S. with equivalent experience, expertise in biotherapeutics, siRNA or similar, including knowledge of biotherapeutic/ siRNA therapeutic design, production, characterization and delivery.
• Project management skills, organizational and team management, interpersonal communication, strong verbal and written communication.
• Results and quality oriented. Able to deal with conflicting interests and willing to make compromises to ensure project progress.
• Ambitious, yet highly collaborative and fully committed to team’s and project success.
• Creativity with demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills, ability to pay attention to detail but also see a bigger picture.
• Comfortable with ambiguity and change, eager and fast learner willing to adopt new tools and processes.
• Ability to operate in a fast-paced dynamic environment and effectively process multiple avenues of communication and requests in parallel.
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $144,000-216,000 a year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
At Novartis, we are reimagining medicine.
Our purpose is to reimagine medicine to improve and extend people's lives. We use innovative science and technology to address some of society's most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible.
Novartis has one of the industry’s most competitive pipelines. Many of these projects, which include new molecular entities as well as additional indications and different formulations for marketed products, are for medicines that could significantly advance treatment standards for patients worldwide.
We have entered an exciting era in health and biomedical innovation. Powered by our incredible colleagues, supported by our flexible-hybrid working model, new AI powered learning, personal growth and career platform and a refreshed commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion, we are well-poised to help lead this transformative moment for our industry and for ourselves. Join Us!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert