Group Lead Medical Information
- Hyderabad, India
- Closing date
- Mar 22, 2023
- Health Sciences, Medicine
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Organization Type
108,000 people reimagining medicine for more than 799 million people globally. Be part of this journey by representing a group that delivers medical communication solutions across multiple franchises, business units and affiliates. Our services and customized solutions enhance the reach of clinical data about relevant therapeutic advancements and supports in right treatment decisions. We support scientific writing, medical communications plan development, innovative ways of evidence dissemination, supporting our colleagues in medical affairs organization.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for the performance of the local MI team ensuring that the services are being delivered as designed with quality, timeliness and in a compliant manner. Responsible for the global CONEXTS Client Feedback for Medical Information, quality and continuous improvement processes for MI services.
• Tracks progress and identifies improvement opportunities and best practices. Ensures that best practices are shared across the MI delivery teams.
• Co-ordinates capacity planning and workforce planning for assigned services ensuring that capability building is in line with CONEXTS and Medical and Knowledge Solutions strategic goals.
• Drives functional excellence and consistency in delivery across NOCCs. Stakeholders Management - identify, engage and manage stakeholder expectations.
• To be an escalation point for issues and ensure effective and efficient resolutions for customer issues initiating and leading remediation plans where appropriate.
• Supports operational governance and business planning with standardization of processes within MI, ensuring quality and compliance of MI services with all relevant internal SOPs/guidelines and external regulatory requirements.
• Responsible for recruiting and retaining talent, managing performance, and developing MI associates. Responsible for developing high performing teams in a constructive culture. Leads priority setting, workload distribution and resource planning to ensure adequate assignment of resources to projects to meet the business needs.
• Budget - Support management of allocated budgets. Ensure compliance and inspection /audit readiness. Act as consultant on Medical Information to other line functions/global teams.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
• Minimum: Advanced degree (PhD, PharmD, MD) in life science/healthcare or relevant experience. Desirable: MBA
• >6 years of pharmaceutical industry experience in Medical Information. >/= 3 years of people management experience of an MI team responsible for global deliverables
• Proven track record in customer delivery environments and experience with the development of MI services in shared service centers
• Deep understanding of good practices in medical enquiry management, medical information writing, and medical content review Experience with developing, implementing and maintaining processes that adhere to company, industry and HA requirements
• Superior people management skills with demonstrated positive leadership, innovative and collaborative behaviors
• Proven ability in interpersonal, communication, negotiation and diplomacy skills. Demonstrated influencing and leadership skills in an international matrixed environment
• Strong financial and business acumen; Demonstrated success in resource (budget and headcount) planning and management. Strong customer focus. Persuasive and articulate
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
At Novartis, we are reimagining medicine.
Our purpose is to reimagine medicine to improve and extend people's lives. We use innovative science and technology to address some of society's most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible.
Novartis has one of the industry’s most competitive pipelines. Many of these projects, which include new molecular entities as well as additional indications and different formulations for marketed products, are for medicines that could significantly advance treatment standards for patients worldwide.
We have entered an exciting era in health and biomedical innovation. Powered by our incredible colleagues, supported by our flexible-hybrid working model, new AI powered learning, personal growth and career platform and a refreshed commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion, we are well-poised to help lead this transformative moment for our industry and for ourselves. Join Us!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert