Global Program Head
- Hyderabad, India
- Closing date
- Apr 1, 2023
The GPH leads one or several multidisciplinary Global Program Teams. He/she is responsible for advancing the entire program in an entrepreneurial and agile approach, to develop cross-functional strategies, obtain regulatory approvals, ensure patient and market access, and optimize commercial value.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Leads Novartis program(s) through the end-to-end development cycle to seek successful registration and market access. Drives optimal life cycle management of approved assets. Proposes termination of less attractive assets. Assumes the overall accountability for quality, time, cost, proactive risk management, and compliance.
• Ensures program execution. Builds an agile, collaborative cross-functional team ecosystem which delivers strong strategies and efficient execution for their programs in a complex, uncertain, competitive environment. Ensures a cohesive Development, NIBR and Commercial/Mkt access/Medical execution. Ensures adequate resourcing.
• Communicates efficiently to drive high quality decisions from Governance for the best interest of patients and the enterprise.
• Innovates and drives external collaborations and projects. Represents NVS and his/her program externally.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
• Doctoral in life sciences or chemistry, or MBA with equivalent experience in life sciences. Fluent English (written and oral) with 12+ years industry experience and 8+ years multi/cross functional leadership experience
• International and multi-disciplinary drug development project team leadership. Have an advanced understanding of the drug development process and programs.
• Provide thought-leading insights to the competitive environment and internal partner interfaces
• Expert knowledge of international customs and business practice
• Hands on experience with a major submission and regulatory review process
• Proven people leadership capabilities. Model natural leadership characteristics
• Expert leadership skills demonstrated in GPT, in staff management role or in other organisational assignments. Expert skills to facilitate/optimise contribution of team members as individuals and members of cohesive team.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills for bridging scientific and business participants, for negotiating timelines and for effective international collaboration. Therapeutic experience is an advantage.
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
At Novartis, we are reimagining medicine.
Our purpose is to reimagine medicine to improve and extend people's lives. We use innovative science and technology to address some of society's most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible.
Novartis has one of the industry’s most competitive pipelines. Many of these projects, which include new molecular entities as well as additional indications and different formulations for marketed products, are for medicines that could significantly advance treatment standards for patients worldwide.
We have entered an exciting era in health and biomedical innovation. Powered by our incredible colleagues, supported by our flexible-hybrid working model, new AI powered learning, personal growth and career platform and a refreshed commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion, we are well-poised to help lead this transformative moment for our industry and for ourselves. Join Us!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert