- Houston Methodist Academic Insistute
- Houston, Texas (US)
- Commensurate with Experience
- Closing date
- May 15, 2023
- Life Sciences, Neuroscience
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- Research Scientist
- Organization Type
Neuroscientists in Neurology
We are seeking a neuroscientist at the level of Research Assistant Professor in the Department of Neurology at Houston Methodist Hospital. Houston Methodist is actively pursuing advancing biomedical research through collaborative team science. Our more than 550 faculty members work with more than 1,500 credentialed scientists at Houston Methodist and a network of more than 62,000 co-authors worldwide. In addition, we support a range of academic affiliations with Weill Cornell Medical College, Rice University, and the University of Texas A&M in the internationally renowned Texas Medical Center, where talents and cutting-edge technologies are highly concentrated. U.S. News & World Report ranked Houston Methodist Hospital No. 15 among 1,248 hospitals and No. 16 in neurology and neurosurgery in 2022. The successful candidate will have opportunities to interact across the wide range of clinical, translational, and basic science programs offered at the Research Institute of Houston Methodist Hospital and academic institutions at the Texas Medical Center. The goal of this position is to assist the candidate in achieving independence under the mentorship of a senior PI by acquiring federal research funding. Necessary qualifications include an MD, PhD or MD/PhD.
• For MD ot MD/PhD candidates, being under or completed a postdoc training in neuroscience. We are particularly interested in candidates with backgrounds in peripheral nerve neurobiology, neurogenetics, electrophysiology, myelin biology, or bioinformatics.
• All candidates must demonstrate expertise in scientific research with a track record of strong publications. Other desired expertise, though not required, includes experiences and experimental skills in fly or zebrafish models, exosome biology, human genetics, MRI physics, or bioinformatics.
Research Design and implementation
- Plans, organizes and coordinates scientific projects
. - Apply for extramural research funds under the mentorship of the senior investigator.
- Assigns and reviews work of subordinates, determines specific goals or objectives to be attained, evaluates resulting research data, and revises techniques or approaches to solve problems.
- Supervises the training of technicians and other laboratory personnel concerning proper laboratory techniques, the use of laboratory equipment, and safety procedures.
• Compiles, writes and submits reports to scientific journals.
• Ensures the highest quality of publications.
• Exhibits leadership in innovating changes in scientific studies.
• Participates in the education of Fellows, and Graduate Students.
Methodist Hospital Proudly Offers Competitive Compensation Package Health, Dental & Vision Insurance Retirement Benefits Additional benefits include but are not limited to EAP, Employee Discounts, and Gym Discounts.
Welcome to Texas
The city of Houston, the nation's fourth-largest city, welcomes you. The most diverse city in America has a lot to offer, including professional sports teams, theater, museum districts, hundreds of restaurants, and live music venues. With its gigantic Galleria and more, Houston is a shopper's paradise. Houston's sunny climate makes it easy to enjoy outdoor recreation with its municipal and state parks, jogging paths, golf, hiking, biking, and camping. Piney woods, area lakes, Galveston Bay, and sunny Gulf Coast beaches are less than an hour away. Families will appreciate the excellence of the area's public and private schools and the availability of institutions of higher learning. Texas is a tort-reform state with no state income tax, making it an exceptional place to live and work.
Contact Information: Elisa Miller Sr. Executive Assistant to Jun Li, MD, PhD, FANA, FAAN John M. O’Quinn Foundation Presidential Distinguished Chair in Neurology Professor and Chair, Stanley H. Appel Department of Neurology Houston Methodist Neurological Institute Houston Methodist Hospital Weill Cornell Medical College Associate Editor, Annals of Clinical and Translational Neurology (ACTN)
Apply for Neuroscientist- Neurology
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert