Postdoctoral Research Fellow - Samur Lab
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Boston, Massachusetts (US)
- Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Apr 14, 2023
- Life Sciences, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology
- Job Type
- Postdoc Fellowship
- Organization Type
- All Industry
Postdoctoral Research Fellow - Samur Lab
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
The Samur lab is conducting a search for a postdoctoral research fellow who will collaborate with medical and basic science researchers in study design, analytical pipelines, analysis, and publication of cancer studies involving genomic analysis from next generation platforms and other high-throughput data.
- Responsible for statistical aspects of study/experiment design, identification of appropriate tests and models, data analysis and visualization, assuring quality of data alongside an ability to communicate effectively with collaborators and other team members.
- Apply and develop analytical pipelines, develop, and maintains analysis codes with all required annotations and documentation.
- Responsible of contributing to clinical and scientific reports, grant developments, progress reports, publications, and presentations at scientific conferences.
- Responsible for reproducibility of results.
- Works independently and collaborate with a research team of data scientists and investigators on multiple projects.
- Follow relevant scientific literature to ensure the use of optimal methods and understand emerging practices across the field.
- MD/Phd, MD, PhD, or doctoral equivalent degree in Statistics, Biostatistics or Computational Biology, Bioinformatics or related field of Data Science.
- Solid foundation and strong practical knowledge of computational biology and statistics proven by thesis, coursework, or previous job experience.
- Experience in study and experimental design in medical and/or biomedical research.
- Fluency in one or more scripting programming languages such as R, Python.
- Experience with Unix/Linux environments (including shell scripting).
- Ability to prepare reproduceable data analysis and reports by using tools including but not limited to Rmarkdown or Jupyter notebook.
- Basic understanding of code repositories.
- Develop novel ways to coordinate, manage and report data if required by studies.
- Ability to draft plans to resolve inaccuracies or other problematic situations.
- Ability to prioritize assignments, multi-task, make decisions based upon sound principles, and independently problem solve.
- Experience in one or more of the following omics data, single cell genomics, WGS, WES, ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq, RNA-seq.
To learn more and to apply, please visit: https://careers.dana-farber.org/postdoctoral_research_fellow_samur_lab
About Dana-Farber Cancer Institute:
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a leader in life changing breakthroughs in cancer research and patient care. We are united in our mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS, and related diseases. We strive to create an inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment where we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all backgrounds, and design programs to promote public health particularly among high-risk and underserved populations. We conduct groundbreaking research that advances treatment, we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers, and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert