CDM Capability Team Lead
100,000 and more!
That’s how many patients are treated in our studies. And every year, 3 million documents are uploaded in the electronic Trial Master Files to preserve the story of the study and ensure innovative medicines can reach even more patients worldwide.
But in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also continue to evolve our approaches to clinical document management and unleash the power of information from this expanding universe of data.
Accountable for leading a CDM sub team, ensuring effective planning, delivery and oversight for a defined portfolio of CDGM services
Identifies, plans and drives implementation of CDGM initiatives, projects and process improvement activities to enhance clinical document management systems, processes and standards at Novartis.
The role can be based in either Ireland, United Kingdom, India, Switzerland or East Hanover, NJ USA. Should you be interested in a non-US listed location, please refer to requisition 363924BR to apply. Please note relocation will not be provided.
Our selection process will prioritize associates whose roles may be changing or may be impacted.
• Lead a team delivering capability and learning activities related to the delivery of CDGM services and the adoption of TMF and good documentation practices across the business.
• Identifies, plans and drives implementation of CDGM initiatives, projects and process improvement activities to enhance clinical document management systems, processes and standards at Novartis.
• Act as CDGM contact for key stakeholders, collaborating with them to improve clinical documentation process, systems and capabilities across the organization.
• Delivers excellence in service delivery, including optimization and simplification in compliance with Novartis policies & regulatory requirements, responding in an agile way to new or evolving business priorities.
• Provide robust oversight of 3rd party vendor activities including monitoring sustainable performance against SLAs.
• Lead or contribute to cross functional initiatives or projects, including defining and gaining approval for projects or initiatives, and ensuring deliverables are achieved in line with agreed timeframes and budget.
• Embeds a risk-based mindset across the team and in service delivery, ensuring identification, evaluation and management of risks, including mitigation activities.
• Set priorities, manage schedules and develop robust resourcing model to support timely delivery of TMF services.
• Support CDGM and business teams in preparation for and during audits, inspections and migration activities. Own CAPAs arising from inspections/audits ensuring they are closed out on time.
• Leads team, recruits, retains, manages and develops associates through coaching and feedback, talent reviews and other available Novartis resources and tools, and fosters a safe environment for team dialogue and growth.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $151,200 and $226,800/year; however, while salary ranges are effective from 1/1/23 through 12/31/23, fluctuations in the job market may necessitate adjustments to pay ranges during this period. Further, final pay determinations will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to geographical location, experience level, knowledge, skills and abilities. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you’ll bring to the role
• Advanced degree or combination of Bachelor’s degree in life-sciences/healthcare/pharmacy and relevant industry experience
• English fluency (written, oral) required
• Minimum of 8 years of working in clinical research and development in the pharmaceutical industry (and/or Contract Research Organizations) with specific experience in clinical documentation and/or records & information management.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in direct people management or matrix management of project/clinical teams.
• Deep understanding of drug development process, international drug approval procedures and standards (e.g., ICH-E3, ICH-E6, eCTD) and industry-wide standards in clinical document management (e.g., DIA TMF reference model).
• Demonstrated success in planning and executing cross functional projects.
• Strong influencing and presentation skills. Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• Good organizational awareness, including experience working in multi-disciplinary teams, across cultures and geographies.
• Good negotiation, problem solving and conflict resolution skills; experience establishing trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Why consider Novartis?
736 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2022. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusion workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Accessibility and reasonable accommodations:
The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] is.com or call +1(877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
At Novartis, we are reimagining medicine.
Our purpose is to reimagine medicine to improve and extend people's lives. We use innovative science and technology to address some of society's most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible.
Novartis has one of the industry’s most competitive pipelines. Many of these projects, which include new molecular entities as well as additional indications and different formulations for marketed products, are for medicines that could significantly advance treatment standards for patients worldwide.
We have entered an exciting era in health and biomedical innovation. Powered by our incredible colleagues, supported by our flexible-hybrid working model, new AI powered learning, personal growth and career platform and a refreshed commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion, we are well-poised to help lead this transformative moment for our industry and for ourselves. Join Us!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert