Team Head Supply Chain Management
2025! This is the year that Global Clinical supply is targeting for completing the evolution our systems into a “digital enabled” landscape of 300+ associates. Join a team of globally collaborative colleagues at the ‘Global Clinical Supply (GCS)’ function to support clinical trials from Phase 1 to approval and be a key interface between Technical Research & Development (TRD) teams and the Clinical teams! At GCS, we aspire to become a data and digital powered, resourceful , agile organization to deliver more products to more patients efficiently, through empowered and highly capable teams.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Lead projects or campaigns or proactively drive project execution. Set key milestones and /or ensure project progress, quality and budget adherence. Act as unit representative on or lead development teams and/or other cross functional teams.
• Ensure governance process is in place to be compliant to Novartis and other relevant regulations. Writing and reviewing of SOPs. Coaching senior associates in technical and leadership area. Act as mentor for senior associates globally. Perform role of facilitator/mediator in difficult scenarios.
• Provide strong input into OTR process and Talent Management. In close cooperation with the Unit Head, drive the unit long term strategic plan and its implementation. Ensure current and future needs are fully met, unit projects are assigned, adequately resourced, delivered on time and in full compliance.
• Manage resource constraints and lead cost saving opportunities. Being accountable for a large budget (Project, infrastructure, plan maintenance).Scientific Track. Coordinates internal and external stakeholders, customers and /or vendors and performs stakeholder management.
• Lead projects or campaigns or proactively drive project execution. Set key milestones and/or ensure project progress, quality and budget adherence. Act as unit representative on or lead development teams and/or other cross functional teams.
• Communicate issues to teams and line management in a proactive way and propose corrective actions and mitigation plan. Organize and ensure regular lessons learned sessions and follow up on actions.
• Coaching and technical training as recognized technical expert or leader. Act as mentor for junior and senior associates (academics) globally. Perform role of facilitator / mediator in difficult scenarios.
• Understand resource constraints and identify and lead cost saving opportunities. Being accountable for a medium budget (Project, infrastructure, plan maintenance). Ensure own and other team members' compliance to Novartis and other relevant regulations. Writing and reviewing of SOPs.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
• Advanced degree in science, engineering, or relevant discipline (Ph.D., MBA or equivalent).
• >8 years of practical experience in chemical/pharmaceutical industry or > 4years of experience in the field of expertise.
• Recognized expertized in related field. Thorough knowledge about drug development and clinical supply process
• Comprehensive knowledge about project management, excellent organization, and planning skills.
• Strong knowledge of relevant regulations (e.g., GMP, HSE etc.) and Novartis specific standards.
• Demonstrate cross-functional problem solving and idea generation skills. Strong communication skills. Strong presentation skills. Advanced coaching skills.
• Proven leadership skills. Excellent communication, negotiation, interpersonal skills. Ability to work in interdisciplinary and cross cultural teams.
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
At Novartis, we are reimagining medicine.
Our purpose is to reimagine medicine to improve and extend people's lives. We use innovative science and technology to address some of society's most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible.
Novartis has one of the industry’s most competitive pipelines. Many of these projects, which include new molecular entities as well as additional indications and different formulations for marketed products, are for medicines that could significantly advance treatment standards for patients worldwide.
We have entered an exciting era in health and biomedical innovation. Powered by our incredible colleagues, supported by our flexible-hybrid working model, new AI powered learning, personal growth and career platform and a refreshed commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion, we are well-poised to help lead this transformative moment for our industry and for ourselves. Join Us!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert