Chemistry Faculty Positions at Westlake University
- Westlake University
- Hangzhou, Zhejiang (CN)
- Internationally competitive salary and a fringe benefits package.
- Closing date
- Jun 11, 2023
- Life Sciences, Biochemistry, Physical Sciences, Chemistry, Synthetic/Computational Chemistry, Health Sciences, Organic Chemistry, Medicinal/Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- Organization Type
Founded in 2018, Westlake University is a new type of non-profit research-oriented university in Hangzhou, China, supported by public and private funding. Preceded by the Westlake Institute for Advanced Study, Westlake University is creating a stimulating, world-class environment for research and education in science, engineering and technology, and life sciences. The School of Science consists of faculties of Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics. Chemistry at the School of Science is committed to fostering inclusive excellence in a variety of research and teaching activities. Our current research laboratories cover all area of Chemistry, with collaborative ties to School of Life Sciences and School of Engineering.
Additional information about the School of Science can be found at
About this search
This search is open to candidates in all broadly defined areas of Chemistry (organic, inorganic, materials, biological, chemical biology, physical, theoretical, analytical, etc). Competitive candidates should have a Ph.D., an outstanding record of research accomplishments, an innovative future research plan, an ability to achieve teaching excellence at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, and a commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive community in the practice and teaching of science. The successful candidates will be expected to have a promising research and publication agenda, teach graduate and undergraduate courses, and a commitment to university service and public outreach. Westlake provides an inclusive environment for all employees and welcomes applications from candidates of diverse background.
Multiple positions are open at all ranks:
Tenured faculty: Associate Professor, Full Professor, or Chair Professor
- The applicant should have world-class academic achievements and hold tenured Associate Professorship (or above) or equivalent positions in world-class universities or research institutes.
- The applicant promises to work full-time at Westlake upon acceptance of the offer.
Tenure-track faculty: Assistant Professor or Associate Professor
- The applicant should have a doctorate degree.
- The applicant promises to work full time at Westlake upon acceptance of the offer. The first appointment will be six years.
Salary, Benefits and Start-up package
Each faculty member will receive an internationally competitive salary and a fringe benefits package that includes a generous housing option, a high-end medical care plan for the entire family, generous retirement pension, and schooling assistance for children.
Each faculty member is provided with an internationally competitive start-up package that includes long-term and sufficient research funds, ample laboratory space, excellent equipment and research support. Stable financial support safeguards every research project that is designed to push the envelope of human knowledge.
How to apply
Applications should be submitted electronically via INTERFOLIO: http://apply.interfolio.com/110457. The application package should include the following materials:
1. Cover letter: rank of the position that you apply to, overview of the goals/vision of your research program, your most significant scientific accomplishments, a summary of experiences and qualifications that position you to achieve your goals;
2. Curriculum vitae: a complete list of publications should be included;
3. A detailed Statement of Research Summary (maximum of 1 page) and Research Proposals (maximum of 6 pages);
4. For junior candidates who apply to tenure track assistant professor positions, 3 letters of reference should be provided.
For any questions concerning the application process, please send an email to email@example.com.
School of Science, Westlake University
Yungu Campus Address: 600 Dunyu Road, Sandun Town, Xihu District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province 310030, CHINA
Yunqi Campus Address: 18 Shilongshan Road, Cloud Town, Xihu District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province 310024, CHINA
We will begin reviewing applications on a rolling basis and will continue to consider applications received until the positions are filled.
Founded in 2018, Westlake University is a new type of non-profit research-oriented university in Hangzhou, China, supported by public and private funding. Preceded by the Westlake Institute for Advanced Study, Westlake University is creating a stimulating, world-class environment for research and education in science, engineering and technology, and life sciences.
Westlake University seeks exceptional scholars in all branches of cutting-edge science and technology from around the world. If you believe you are among the best in your chosen research field, you may wish to consider an exciting career opportunity in Westlake University.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert