Senior Scientist - Pharmaceutical Development - Preformulation (f/m/d)
- Kundl, Austria
- Closing date
- Mar 21, 2023
- Health Sciences, Drug Development
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- Senior Scientist
- Organization Type
1! is our position in the generics market in Europe and our short term goal for US. A division of Novartis, Sandoz is a global leader in generic and biosimilar medicines, committed to playing a leading role in driving access to medicine worldwide.
As a Preformulation Scientist, it is your opportunity to take part in pioneering with us in a role of a technical leader from molecule allocation until market approval. Take the lead as a central piece of drug product development in the very first step of development, setting the foundations for success.
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
•Lead, design, plan, execute, and review scientific experiments and documentation as well as statistical analysis and interpretation of the results to de-formulate and pre-formulate solid and liquid dosage forms applying QbD principles with special focus on rigorous DoE in both small and large scale settings
• Actively support product development with scientific input and generate scientific documents to hand over to internal and/or external partners and support generation of international registration documents
• Report, interpret, and present scientific/technical results to management
• Support establishing and improving internal procedures
• Participate in technical sub-teams and fulfill assigned project tasks and responsibilities
• Actively participate in knowledge exchange; train, mentor and coach a team of scientists and technicians, temporary employees, and employees under training/education
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Fluency in English.
• PharmD, MSc or Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Science or close pharmaceutical-related field;
• Strong background in solid and liquid drug product characterization and deformulation, particularly in oral solid dosage forms and injectables;
• Understanding of the product life cycle, with special emphasis in development
• Understanding of QbD and ICH guidelines, Pharmacopeia monographs, and pharmaceutical patents;
•Ability to quickly adapt to different project requirements, proactively and autonomously finding technical solutions, and exploring new approaches.
• Sharp scientific skills allowing the drawing of accurate assumptions from limited data to assess the next step in a development program, strong communication and presentation skills and persuasive personality with a positive mindset, team-minded and a strong can-do attitude;
• General understanding of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics;
• GMP and GDP knowledge.
• Know-how in de-formulation methodologies.
500 million patients were touched by Sandoz generic and biosimilar medicines in 2020 and while we’re proud of this, we know there is more we could do to continue to help pioneer access to medicines for people around the world.
How will we do this? We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Sandoz!
In addition to a market-competitive base salary, we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning and development options as well as worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. In accordance with Austrian law, we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary as stated in the collective bargaining agreement. For this position, the minimum salary is €54,788.30 /year (on a full time basis). We also offer a potential market-oriented excess payment in line with your experience and qualifications.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Sandoz is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Our recruitment decisions are based on selecting the best person for the job, regardless of gender, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability.
Join our Novartis Group Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
At Novartis, we are reimagining medicine.
Our purpose is to reimagine medicine to improve and extend people's lives. We use innovative science and technology to address some of society's most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible.
Novartis has one of the industry’s most competitive pipelines. Many of these projects, which include new molecular entities as well as additional indications and different formulations for marketed products, are for medicines that could significantly advance treatment standards for patients worldwide.
We have entered an exciting era in health and biomedical innovation. Powered by our incredible colleagues, supported by our flexible-hybrid working model, new AI powered learning, personal growth and career platform and a refreshed commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion, we are well-poised to help lead this transformative moment for our industry and for ourselves. Join Us!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert