Senior Research Technician/Admin
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Boston, Massachusetts (US)
- Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Apr 9, 2023
- Life Sciences, Biology, Physical Sciences, Chemistry, Health Sciences, Medicine
- Job Type
- Technician, Other
- Organization Type
- All Industry
Senior Research Technician/Admin
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
The Fischer Lab at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a Structural and Chemical Biology Lab that combines molecular biology, computational biology, structural biology, and chemistry with various ‘Omics’ techniques to study the pathways and protein complexes involved in the regulation of protein homeostasis often associated with human diseases, including cancer. Using our knowledge of the cellular degradation machinery, we use structure and computational guided approaches to develop new molecules that hijack the ubiquitin proteasome system for targeted protein degradation.
The Fischer lab (https://fischerlab.dana-farber.org/) seeks a highly motivated individual to join the team as a Research Technician/Administrative Support who will work closely with, support and assist Dr. Katherine Donovan in the management of the targeted protein degradation initiative, as well as proteomics operations of the Fischer lab, the TPD proteomics core and other aspects of the chemical biology program. This individual will be an important member of our research team and in addition to providing administrative support, will collaborate with scientists, postdocs, and students on a variety of different research projects focused on targeted protein degradation as a novel therapeutic modality. While we consider various backgrounds, a strong interest in mass spectrometry-based proteomics is highly desirable.
- Enable daily lab operations. Ensure that the group have all that is needed to run projects.
- Keeps track of group practices, protocols and incoming samples/compounds and works with senior staff to resolve issues and implement improvements in workflows.
- Maintains detailed notebook of all work-related activities including regular updates to procedures and protocols.
- Operation and maintenance of standard lab equipment
- Responsible for maintaining cell culture and performing drug treatments.
- Performs sample preparation for protein expression measurements including western blots and quantitative mass spectrometry.
- Analyzes experimental data and interpret results to write reports, presentations, grant and publication preparation.
- Prepares lab reagents and media.
- Monitors, organizes, and orders laboratory supplies.
- Communicates with purchasing and may be responsible for negotiating with vendors.
- Obtain and manage MTAs, software licenses, service contracts, and other documentation.
- Bachelor's Degree required with a major in biology or chemistry preferred.
- A knowledge of information and techniques related to biology, chemistry or medicine is preferred.
- Excellent decision-making, communication, and collaboration skills with proven cross-functional and multi-level relationship building skills.
- Attention to detail, a practical mindset and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English).
- Must have good time management.
- Understanding of statistical and computational methods is desirable.
To learn more and to apply, please visit: https://careers.dana-farber.org/senior_research_technician_admin_2
About Dana-Farber Cancer Institute:
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world-renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS, and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert