Tenured Faculty/Department Chair Position
- IU School of Informatics and Computing at IUPUI
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- May 7, 2023
- Physical Sciences, Informatics
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- Academic Dean/Dept. Head
- Organization Type
The Indiana University Luddy School of Informatics, Computing and Engineering at IUPUI invites applications for a tenured faculty position to also serve as chair in the Department of BioHealth Informatics (BHI). The appointment will begin August 1, 2023 on the IUPUI campus. Exceptional faculty candidates are being sought to join our fast-growing department. We welcome applications from established researchers with collaborative research teams. Candidates will be considered from all areas in bioinformatics, health and biomedical informatics, biomedical engineering, clinical informatics, medical informatics and other related informatics areas at the intersection of computing, engineering and medicine. Candidates must be tenured and demonstrate a strong scholarly record of effective, well-reviewed teaching, a scholarly record of externally-funded research, exhibited by high-impact peer-reviewed publications and a forward-looking, research agenda and a record of leadership.
The new Chair will have the opportunity of shape and expand a dynamic BioHealth Informatics (BHI) department on the premier urban research campus of Indiana University. By strengthening or complementing the faculty research in the department, the ideal candidates will use creative, innovative approaches and technologies to address fundamental BHI challenges with broader societal impact, and have the potential to leverage the strengths of the School of Informatics and Computing, including the Polis Center, the Collaborative AI Institute established at the IUPUI Campus level, the unique location in downtown Indianapolis, interdisciplinary and collaborative environment and nation-wide leadership in the health and life sciences.
Fostering an inclusive environment makes us stronger. The Luddy School at IUPUI draws on the strengths of a diverse community of students, faculty and staff to enrich the educational experience, broaden participation in computing, and meet the needs of emerging technology. The SoIC is committed to actively recruiting and retaining students, faculty and staff from all backgrounds and cultures to join the next generation of innovators. We welcome what every individual brings to our learning environment--socially, geographically, and in thought and experience.
As the state’s premier urban research institution, IUPUI is committed to being a welcoming campus community that reflects and enacts the values of diversity, equity and inclusion that inform academic excellence. We seek candidates who will not only enhance our representational diversity but whose research, teaching, and community engagement efforts contribute to diverse, equitable, and inclusive learning and working environments for our students, staff, and faculty. IUPUI condemns racism in all its forms and has taken an anti-racist stance that moves beyond mere statements to interrogating its policies, procedures, and practices. We hope to identify individuals who will assist in our mission to dismantle racism so that everyone has the opportunity to succeed at IUPUI.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience providing leadership, building and managing effective teams of diverse individuals, supervising faculty and staff. Experience planning and building academic programs. Experience managing complex budgets. Ability to design, manage and grow research-driven and industry-oriented academic programs at both the undergraduate and graduate level. We seek candidates who have an active forward looking research agenda, as evidenced by a history of peer-reviewed publications, grant proposal writing, and involvement in grant supported research projects. Outstanding record conducting individual and collaborative research. Ability to communicate clearly and directly.
- Ph.D. or clinical doctorate (M.D., D.N.P., D.D.S. or Pharm.D.) in biomedical informatics, medical informatics, computer science or related field and relevant research training and experience. Demonstrated ability to develop a record of outstanding research productivity, to obtain external funding, to exhibit effective teaching, and to creatively adapt and diversify pedagogy for online or blended learning.
Questions pertaining to this position may be directed to the Assistant to the Chair, Robyn Hart at robhart(at)iupui.edu. Apply via https://indiana.peopleadmin.com/postings/14241.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert