Research Scientist - Molecular Oncology & Radiobiology (80-100%*)
- Basel, Switzerland
- Closing date
- Mar 23, 2023
- Life Sciences, Molecular Biology, Oncology, Health Sciences
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- Research Scientist
- Organization Type
6500! That’s the number of associates in the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR). This division is the innovation engine of Novartis, focusing on powerful new technologies that have the potential unveil therapeutic breakthroughs for patients.
Are you a curious, independent scientist eager to work on the development of the next generation of oncology radioligand therapies?
The oncology research department at NIBR is recruiting a research scientist with a strong background in cellular and molecular biology to join their Oncology Translational Research group in Basel, Switzerland.
The successful candidate will carry out cutting-edge research in the areas of translational/molecular oncology and radioisotope-based therapies in close collaboration with other leading research groups within NIBR.
The candidate will be responsible for the generation of high-quality data to support the progress to the clinic of innovative radioligand research programs. By using a variety of molecular and cellular biology approaches the candidate will aim to decipher the cellular mechanisms underlying the activity of radioligand conjugates. Further, the candidate will contribute to the identification of molecular predictors of response and resistance to radioisotope-based therapies, as well as to exploring combination therapy opportunities. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in DNA damage response field and in vitro radiation biology.
We seek an experienced, motivated and ambitious scientist wishing to continue a successful scientific career in a fast-paced drug discovery environment.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Independently design, perform and interpret in vitro experiments under the leadership of the Lab Head
• Propose experimental alternatives, explore and introduce novel technologies and approaches
• Analyse and effectively report data, as well as presenting the data in different team meetings
• Safe and effectively work with radionuclides
• Critical reading of the literature and ability to apply it to the project
• Closely work with multiple teams across expertise groups within Oncology
• Efficiently contribute to maintain a functional laboratory, technical equipment and tools
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
What you will bring to the role:
• MSc or BSc or qualified Lab Technician (apprenticeship/vocational training) in radiobiology, cellular biology, molecular biology or another relevant discipline
• At least, 2-5 years of biomedical research. Experience in radiobiology, DNA damage response and/or cell death mechanisms is highly desirable
• Proficiency and hands-on experience in applying a wide range of cellular and molecular biological methods (in particular: Immunofluorescence, RNAi, qRT-PCR, cloning, cell culture, cell viability/death assays, transient/stable cell line generation, immunoblotting, ELISA, FACS)
• Experience using basic bioinformatics tools to support experimental design, data analysis and interpretation is considered a plus
• Excellent presentation and communication skills in English (oral/written)
• Used to successfully work within a highly productive and fast-paced environment
• Highly collaborative and self-motivated team player, with critical scientific thinking
• Excellent organizational skills
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
* This position is eligible for 80-100%* working time, however, some restrictions on flexible working options may apply and will be discussed during interview if applicable.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
At Novartis, we are reimagining medicine.
Our purpose is to reimagine medicine to improve and extend people's lives. We use innovative science and technology to address some of society's most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible.
Novartis has one of the industry’s most competitive pipelines. Many of these projects, which include new molecular entities as well as additional indications and different formulations for marketed products, are for medicines that could significantly advance treatment standards for patients worldwide.
We have entered an exciting era in health and biomedical innovation. Powered by our incredible colleagues, supported by our flexible-hybrid working model, new AI powered learning, personal growth and career platform and a refreshed commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion, we are well-poised to help lead this transformative moment for our industry and for ourselves. Join Us!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert