RESEARCH PROFESSIONAL-NUCLEAR MAGNETIC RESONANCE (NMR) INSTRUMENTATION SPECIALIST
- Arizona State University
- Tempe, Arizona (US)
- $75,000-$100,000; DOE
- Closing date
- Apr 5, 2023
- Life Sciences, Biomedical Sciences
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- Organization Type
Research Professional- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Instrumentation Specialist
Arizona State University: Office of the Executive Vice President Knowledge Enterprise: KE Core Facilities: Biosciences
Jan 27, 2023
Feb 27, 2023 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time
Arizona State University & The Magnetic Resonance Research Center (MRRC) Core facility, a member of the ASU Biosciences Core at Arizona State University (ASU), seeks applications for a Research Professional- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Instrumentation Specialist that will contribute to research and magnetic resonance education. We are particularly interested in candidates with experience in guiding NMR related research through technique selection and application, data analysis, and method development. The full-time, non-tenure-track, benefits-eligible, fiscal year position is for one year with subsequent renewal contingent upon satisfactory performance, the needs of the university, and availability of resources. The overall operations of the MRRC will be under the direction of the Assistant Director of Biosciences Operations and daily operations managed by MRRC staff.
- Manage, operate, train users, and perform maintenance for seven NMRs (400 to 850 MHz) in the Magnetic Resonance Research Center
- Serves as Core NMR expert; is available to the chemists, biochemists, and engineers for consultation on the utilization of modern NMR techniques to advance their research needs
- Provide support for NMR technique selection and application, method development, data interpretation, and troubleshooting
- Provide support for use of NMR instrumentation in teaching labs
- Facilitate and support faculty and student research projects by assisting in the application of the analytical techniques and data management
- Execute and/or organize troubleshooting, service and repair of instruments as needed
- Collaborate with staff and faculty in pursuing grants to acquire and enhance departmental research instrumentation
- Preforms other duties as required
Annual Salary of $75,000-$100,000; DOE
Bachelors degree and 7 years of research experience in a relevant field
- PhD or Masters Degree in related field
- Experience with development and optimization of new pulse sequences and methodologies
- Experience with Protein structure elucidation and dynamics
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with NMR-associated analytical techniques
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux environments, common programming languages, R
- Demonstrated record of scientific publications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Please attach the following as PDF documents:
1. Cover letter addressing minimum and desired qualifications
2. Current Resume/Curriculum Vitae
3. Name, phone number, and e-mail address of three (3) professional references
This institution is using Interfolio's Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
A background check is required for employment. Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
(See https://www.asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html and https://www.asu.edu/titleIX/.)
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
COVID-19 Vaccination - Arizona State University is a federal contractor and subject to federal regulations which may require you to produce a record of a COVID-19 vaccination. For questions about medical or religious accommodations, please visit the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion’s webpage.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert