Post Doctoral Fellow - Cancer Biology
- Boston Children's Hospital - Department of Surgery
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Determined based on the candidate's experience and qualifications in accordance with NIH guidelines
- Closing date
- May 2, 2023
- Life Sciences, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Cancer Research
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- Organization Type
Applications are currently being accepted for a Postdoctoral Fellow to join the laboratory of Dr. Khashayar Vakili at Boston Children’s Hospital/Harvard Medical School. The project will focus on liver cancer biology. Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D. in molecular biology, cellular biology or related discipline is preferred. Please submit CV and the names of three references to email@example.com.
• Characterize liver cancer oncogenic mechanisms using human-derived liver organoid models.
• Complete the development of a high-throughput screening assay for drug development.
• PhD or MD/PhD in biological sciences, molecular biology, biomedical engineering or related discipline.
• Experience with 2D and 3D cell culture, confocal microscopy, gene editing (CRISPR, lentiviral transduction), immunostaining, and basic bioinformatics analysis.
• Work effectively with BCH and outside collaborators and core facilities.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated success as exemplified by peer-reviewed publications.
• Must be capable of independent thought and possess a high level of scientific integrity.
Interested candidates should contact: Khashayar Vakili, M.D., Associate Professor of Surgery, Harvard Medical School, Boston Children’s Hospital; Khashayar.firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary will be determined based on the candidate’s experience and per NIH guidelines.
The Vakili Lab is located in the Karp Family Research Laboratories in the Longwood medical area (1 Blackfan St, Boston, MA 02115).
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert