Senior Manager- Data Science & Analytics (PV Reports System Owner)
- Hyderabad, India
- Closing date
- Mar 28, 2023
- Physical Sciences, Information Technology
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- Organization Type
We have 20 years of untapped data waiting for the right person to find the next breakthrough in innovative medicines.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Analytical reporting system ownership, accountability, and responsibility to keep the system healthy and improve it based on functional users future reporting needs
• Engineer key analytical reporting insights into simple, intuitive, and well-designed tools and services tailored for each role and process- Aggregate analysis and reporting, Risk-based operational monitoring, Detecting data anomalies, outliers, and procedural errors
• Track the business’s performance against data analysis model and monitor trends in key business KPIs, providing valuable insights to relevant departments for overall business performance improvement.
• Broad understanding of drug development - Early development, clinical trials, safety, data management, etc. Ability to lead the development of big data capabilities and utilization as well as the coordination of cross-functional analytic initiatives.
• Work with partners in IT, Business functions, Service partner, Product vendors and internal process experts to improve the availability of data (near-real time data flows) and data quality as required for high quality, innovative, analytical/technical solutions by providing analysis and interpretation of Safety and PV data with a consulting and advisory mindset.
• Act as deputy of Head Data Science and Analytics / Team Manager Data Science as and when needed. Ensures that the interests of CMO&PS are represented at internal and external meetings and forums as appropriate including senior leadership CMO&PS meetings. Participate and contribute for CMO&PS Strategy.
• Oversight of performance of technology product. Provide continuous improvement plans in collaboration with relevant technology teams. Ensure technology product is in compliance with GxP, Novartis CSV and Quality standards. Host Voice of Business forum and SteerCo for technology product.
• As Business System Owner participate in interdisciplinary team of functional SMEs and end-consumers to independently assess opportunities for simplification of technology landscape as well as new external opportunities. Drive user-centricity in our approach to developing solutions by embracing design thinking methodologies and collaborating with User Experience experts.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
• Information Technology or related field. BE, BTech, MCA, MTech in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Experience in pharma drug development preferred, ideally in patient safety; Experience in an international, cross-functional environment preferred - including management of external providers
• At least 5 to 7 years of data warehouse modeling, architecture - ETL, data services, MDM/RDM - and operations. Demonstrated experience with ORACLE databases, PL/SQL, Other ETL, Data Lake and Analytics Reporting tools
• Understanding of patient safety, clinical development, quality and regulatory standards and policies relevant to CMO&PS functions, or familiarity with operational and scientific aspects of drug development preferred
• At least 5 years of experience working within IT projects, with a thorough understanding of the issues revolving around aligning technology with business needs
• Experience supporting regulatory inspections, responding to inspectors and managing related team actions. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
At Novartis, we are reimagining medicine.
Our purpose is to reimagine medicine to improve and extend people's lives. We use innovative science and technology to address some of society's most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible.
Novartis has one of the industry’s most competitive pipelines. Many of these projects, which include new molecular entities as well as additional indications and different formulations for marketed products, are for medicines that could significantly advance treatment standards for patients worldwide.
We have entered an exciting era in health and biomedical innovation. Powered by our incredible colleagues, supported by our flexible-hybrid working model, new AI powered learning, personal growth and career platform and a refreshed commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion, we are well-poised to help lead this transformative moment for our industry and for ourselves. Join Us!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert