Postdoctoral Research Associate
- Icahn School Of Medicine - Mt Sinai
- New York City, New York (US)
- Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- May 2, 2023
- Life Sciences, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Physiology
- Job Type
- Postdoc, Research Scientist
- Organization Type
- All Industry
The Gregorio Lab in the Cardiovascular Research Institute (CVRI) at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai is seeking highly motivated candidates for the full-time position of Postdoctoral Research Associate I. Dr. Gregorio’s NIH-funded research incorporates molecular, cellular and physiological approaches on the RNA/protein level to identify molecular mechanisms that underlie contractile protein function in heart and skeletal muscle diseases. Current studies focus on the role of RNA-binding proteins in muscle function that are altered during normal development and in disease such as Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. The laboratory generates, analyzes, and integrates high-throughput fluorescence imaging, molecular biology and biochemistry to determine the mechanism of RNA binding proteins in cells (e.g., iPSCs, primary myocytes) and animal models that reflect patho/physiological states. The successful Postdoctoral candidate will possess a cell/molecular skill set with an emphasis on RNA biology appropriate to accomplish the lab’s goals. In addition, they will possess the drive required to research complex disease and will be able to work independently as well as collaboratively. CVRI is dedicated to training the next generation of scientists, and the Postdoctoral candidate will benefit from the diverse and interdisciplinary environment.
- Lead a research project in close collaboration with the PI and other lab members.
- Innovate new areas of experimental inquiry.
- Advance technical aspects of experimental approaches and mechanistic understanding of biological problem.
- Mentor junior lab members and contribute to a productive scientific environment.
- Maintain detailed records and disseminate research findings in meetings and as manuscripts in scientific journals: strong writing skills are essential
- Apply for independent funding and contribute to grant proposals submitted by the PI.
- There may be additional duties assigned as it relates to this position.
- MD or PhD in biochemistry, molecular or cellular biology, physiology, biotechnology, biomedical engineering, or related field by time of hire.
- Documented ability to conduct original research.
- Ability to write manuscripts and grants proposals.
- Ability to work with small animals.
*Experience with recombinant proteins, muscle proteins, and handling/dissection of small rodents. *Experience with enzyme kinetics/biochemical assays of protein-protein interactions. *Experience with fluorescence microscopy. *Experience with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Models. *Expertise in cardiac and skeletal muscle biology, post-transcriptional and translational regulation in heart and skeletal muscle disease pathology. *Experience in computational biology.
Apply for Postdoctoral Research Associate
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert