Principal Application Engineer (d/f/m)
- Düsseldorf, Germany
- Closing date
- Apr 6, 2023
- Physical Sciences, Engineering
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- Organization Type
- Other Corporate
Do you dare to make an impact?
- Act as a senior-level application engineer who provides technical engineering support for Henkel's electronic structural bonding and device assembly product lines
- Lead projects with a global reach, requiring communication within AE (Electronics) worldwide in cross functional teams
- Primary responsibilities are technical leading on developmental and commercialized products by optimization of material application processes, and direct interaction with customers to troubleshoot and solve product and process related problems
- Exercise considerable latitude in determining technical, chemical, and adhesive objectives of assignment and directing staff
- Solve technology-specific problems associated with entire product lines and/or product classes by novel approaches to application process development
- Apply extensive technical expertise in a lab environment, including obtaining client requirements (working with adhesives and robotic dispensing equipment)
- Directly interact and communicate with external customers and respond to customer requests in timely fashion
- Prepare and deliver presentations on projects/technologies for internal teams, management and customers
- Design and implement test plans and/or experiments to develop the technical data needed to support the use of Henkel Product technologyIdentify new opportunities for product development and work with development project teams to bring these opportunities to market
- Support road mapping of technology/business development
- Provide technical training to Henkel staff and customers
- Travel with sales representatives to develop first-hand understanding of customer needs and application details
- Develop and maintain a Henkel Product specialty and serve as a technical expert in this specialty when working with staff individually and/or on team efforts
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or chemical engineering, or material science
- Minimum 6-10 years of related work experience, preferably in an adhesive environment
- Experience in statistical analysis using JMP
- Strong customer relations and interpersonal skills
- Experience in working with internal and external cross-functional teams (> 5 teams)
- Proven leadership skills with a sense of urgency and a self-starter attitude
- Customer support experience (providing product application training)
- Demonstrated project management and laboratory skills
- Experience in presenting results to technical and non-technical stakeholders/customers
- Willingness to travel up to 30% overnight per year
WE ARE PIONEERS AT HEART FOR THE GOOD OF GENERATIONS
Our purpose "Pioneers at heart for the good of generations" unites what we stand for, how we work, and forms the basis for our strategy.
The pioneering spirit of our company founder, Fritz Henkel, is what continues to differentiate us and unites Henkel employees worldwide. The ambition and motivation to work together on the solutions of tomorrow. Today. Every day. We do this not only for ourselves, but also for future generations, because we share a common responsibility.
Building on a strong legacy of more than 145 years, we are leading the way to reimagine and improve life every day. Today and for generations to come. Through our innovative and sustainable brands and technologies, across our teams around the world. Henkel holds leading positions in both industrial and consumer businesses: Our portfolio includes well-known hair care products, laundry detergents, fabric softeners as well as adhesives, sealants, and functional coatings.
Worldwide locations and an international culture shape our global footprint.
Henkel products and technologies are available worldwide. With employees from 124 nations and locations around the world, we achieve a strong presence both in mature and emerging markets.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert