Dean of the Pott College of Science, Engineering, and Education
- University of Southern Indiana
- Evansville, Indiana (US)
- Closing date
- Mar 31, 2023
Dean of the Pott College of Science, Engineering, and Education
University of Southern Indiana (USI) invites applications for the position of Dean of the Pott College of Science, Engineering, and Education. The Dean for the Pott College of Science, Engineering, and Education reports directly to the Provost and exercises broad responsibilities for leadership and management of the College—its programs, finances, and people.
- Provide visionary leadership in ensuring excellence in student learning at graduate and undergraduate levels with a special emphasis on undergraduate retention;
- Actively maintain accreditation of the College’s programs and assist in University accreditation;
- Facilitate the recruitment and retention of faculty who will continue the College’s progress;
- Oversee student recruitment and retention initiatives to ensure strategic growth of the College;
- Work with the USI Foundation to engage in fund raising on behalf of the College and University;
- Advance the development of nationally recognized research and scholarship;
- Extend and develop collaborations among the programs within the Pott College of Science, Engineering, and Education and with other Colleges, units and programs;
- In conjunction with the Vice President for Finance and Administration, department chairs, faculty members and Provost, develop budgetary priorities and effectively manage an annual budget;
- Provide strong and persuasive advocacy for the importance of the programs offered by the Pott College of Science, Engineering, and Education;
- Build productive and enduring relationships with community institutions and residents;
- Direct diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives and programs in the College;
- Lead external funding efforts for the College;
- Enhance international programs and linkages;
- Enrich the quality of student life;
- Work with faculty and administration to ensure that USI is offering a state-of-the-art education; and
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Earned doctorate or terminal degree with the academic qualifications;
- Achievements consistent with an appointment as a tenured, full professor in the College;
- Leadership experience as a dean, chair, or in a comparable role;
- Collaborative leadership style that fosters successful relationships with faculty, students, staff and administrators;
- Ability to provide support for faculty development in scholarship, research and high-quality teaching; and
- Commitment to a promotion of increased diversity, equity and inclusion among faculty, and students.
- Experience in developing and maintaining international programs;
- Record of procurement of external funding;
- Experience in community engagement and outreach; and
- Development of multidisciplinary efforts across academic units.
About University of Southern Indiana:
Founded in 1965, the University of Southern Indiana enrolls over 9,300 dual credit, undergraduate and graduate students in more than 130 areas of study. A public higher education institution, located on a beautiful 1,400-acre campus in Evansville, Indiana, USI offers programs through the College of Liberal Arts, Romain College of Business, College of Nursing and Health Professions, and the Pott College of Science, Engineering, and Education.
USI is an engaged learning community committed to exceptional education. We exist to provide an educated citizenry that can engage in a civil manner within a community with divergent ideas and cultural differences. We prepare our students to lead and make positive contributions to our state, their communities, and to be lifetime learners in a diverse and global society.
About the Pott College of Science, Engineering, and Education:
The Pott College of Science, Engineering, and Education enrolls over 1,600 undergraduate and graduate students and has over 170 full and part time faculty members. The College offers 26 major areas of study within seven academic departments: Biology; Chemistry and Biochemistry; Engineering; Geology, Physics and Environmental Science; Kinesiology and Sport; Mathematical Sciences; and Teacher Education. The College has graduate programs in Education and Sport Management. In addition, the following centers are associated with the College: Applied Engineering Center, Southwest Indiana STEM Resource Center, and the Pott College Advising Center. The new Dean will have an opportunity for transformative leadership of a college, developing distinctive, robust, and cutting-edge programs that support its mission and attract and retain students and faculty with diverse interests and backgrounds.
About Evansville, Indiana:
Evansville is Indiana's third-largest city, and is an easy drive away from Indianapolis, Louisville, Nashville, and St. Louis. Evansville is known to be a friendly place in Southwest Indiana, along the Ohio River. It is the central city of the Evansville metropolitan area, a hub of commercial, medical, and cultural activity of southwestern Indiana and the Illinois–Indiana–Kentucky tri-state area, that is home to over 911,000 people.
Information for Applicants
The review of credentials will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For highest consideration, please submit materials before March 21, 2023. Application materials should be submitted via the USI Human Resources website at: https://usi.peopleadmin.com/postings/10521.
Application materials must include:
- A letter of interest that summarizes your experiences in terms of the qualifications listed in this job posting;
- curriculum vitae; and
- the names, addresses (including email), and telephone numbers for at least five references, which may include trustees, administrators, faculty, students, and community leaders.
Applications and Nominations
Nominations and questions should be forwarded to Maggie Weinzapfel: email@example.com. More information is available on the USI website at: https://www.usi.edu/pott-college-dean-search. All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, the University of Southern Indiana considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy or marital status, parental status, national origin or ancestry, age (40 and older), disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status or any other category protected by law or identified by the University as a protected class. All individuals including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert