Postdoctoral Fellow - Machine Learning in the Basic Biomedical Sciences
- Johns Hopkins University - Machine Learning in the Basic Biomedical Sciences
- Baltimore, Maryland (US)
- Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Mar 30, 2023
- Life Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, Other
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- Postdoc Fellowship
- Organization Type
Machine Learning in the Basic Biomedical Sciences Postdoctoral Program
Johns Hopkins University is seeking applications for postdoctoral fellowships in the area of machine learning and data science in the basic biomedical sciences, especially in the areas of imaging and reverse engineering of cellular and molecular mechanisms which impact human disease. The program will support postdocs to working in a partnership between a 'data science' laboratory and a 'basic biology' laboratory, or directly within a ‘data science’ laboratory. The normal duration of the fellowship is two years, with the possibility of extension to a third year. In addition to salary support, fellows will receive benefits and an annual allocation for travel expenses.
A list of faculty participating in the postdoctoral program and their research interests can be found at https://mlbbs.bme.jhu.edu.
Applicants are required to have a recent doctorate in a related area by the start of their fellowship. Prior formal training in machine learning is not required, but preference will be given to applicants with demonstrated interest in analyzing or generating large scale datasets, and whose expertise aligns with participating faculty. Less than two years of previous postdoctoral training is preferred.
Applications can be submitted at https://mlbbs.bme.jhu.edu. Applications are due Mar 15, 2023 and decisions will be announced by April 15, 2023. Required application documents include:
1. A CV.
2. A cover letter with a brief statement of achievements and research interests, and indication of two to five participating faculty with whom the applicant would like to work.
3. Up to three relevant research papers.
4. Two to three letters of reference. Application will only be considered complete when two letters of recommendation are received. Those sending recommendation letters will receive an email request for letter submissions.
For more information please visit https://mlbbs.bme.jhu.edu.
For questions about the Machine Learning in the Basic Biomedical Sciences Postdoctoral Program, please contact email@example.com.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert