The Postdoctoral Associate position associated with the Clinical Metagenomics fellowship is intended to merge the clinical and research aspects of microbiology and metagenomics and prepare individuals for a variety of future career options. Conventional medical microbiology, molecular microbiology, clinical metagenomics, bioinformatics, multi-omic analyses, and microbial ecology, as well as utilizing cutting-edge technology in innovative applications to patient care will be integrated in this position.Job Duties
- Researches and develps new diagnostic tests based on microbiome science and evolving concepts in metagenomic medicine.
- Conducts WGS-based strain typing (bacterial pathogens) in collaboration with infection control and variant tracking of SARS-COV-2.
- Conducts multi-omic analyses in various microbiome-focused projects with clinical collaborators.
- Performs bioinformatics-based development, optimization, and implementation of tools and pipelines.
- Prepares manuscripts and presentations. - Grant writing and budget projections. - Training of students and clinical fellows in other specialties. - IRB protocol preparation and compliance monitoring.
- Participates in departmental and Microbiome Center meetings.
- Follows CITI training for clinical research protocols.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Knowledge and compliance with clinical laboratory protocols and handling of PHI.
- Experience in microbiome and/or metagenomic science.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; CH; SN