Post Doctoral Associate
- New York University College of Dentistry
- New York City, New York (US)
- $58,500 - $60,000
- Closing date
- Mar 29, 2023
- Life Sciences, Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Molecular Biology
- Job Type
- Organization Type
Post Doctoral Associate (P.I.: Dr. Farnaz Shamsi)
Department of Molecular Pathobiology
New York University College of Dentistry
A postdoctoral research position is available in Shamsi lab (https://www.shamsilab.com/) in the Department of Molecular Pathobiology at the New York University College of Dentistry. The Shamsi lab studies the adipose stem cells and niche to understand the fundamental mechanisms regulating metabolic health and disease. We use genetic mouse models, single cell and spatial transcriptomics, imaging, and a wide array of molecular and cellular biology tools to understand adipose tissue development, function, and metabolism. The successful candidate will join a vibrant and collaborative team of scientists, committed to fostering a culture of teamwork and the highest level of scientific rigor and integrity. In addition, it is also expected that the applicant will participate in related secondary projects and collaborative projects within and/or outside our laboratory.
Some of our recent published work are listed:
1. Shamsi et al, Nature Metabolism 2021 (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33846638/)
2. Shamsi et al, Nature Communications 2020 (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32184391/)
3. Shamsi et al, Cell Metabolism 2020 (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33406404/)
We seek a highly motivated and creative individual interested in metabolism and developmental biology to join our growing team.
The Shamsi lab is part of the vibrant NYU campus located in the heart of Manhattan. NYU offers postdoctoral scholars an excellent benefits package and many career development opportunities. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
NYU provides a competitive salary and benefits package, reduced housing cost in the heart of Manhattan in New York (subject to funding and availability of housing), and, in line with University and College guidelines, full support for eligible international visa applicants as applicable.
Finally, as the lab is devoted to providing a diverse and inclusive environment, individuals from racial and ethnic backgrounds that historically have been underrepresented in sciences in the US are encouraged to apply.
In compliance with NYC’s Pay Transparency Act, the annual base salary range for this position is $58,500 - $60,000. New York University considers factors such as (but not limited to) the specific grant funding and the terms of the research grant when extending an offer.
Qualified candidates must:
- Possess a Ph.D. in biological or biomedical sciences or a closely related discipline.
- Have experience and an interest in metabolism, cell and molecular biology, imaging, and / or single cell biology.
- Be motivated and creative with a strong ability to problem solve and troubleshoot experiments.
- Be comfortable working independently while maintaining a team-based mindset.
- Have excellent experimental, scientific writing and organization skills.
- Be able to communicate scientific material and work well in a collaborative environment. Good oral and written communication skills are musts.
- Meet the eligibility criteria established in the NYU Postdoctoral Appointment Policy
Qualified candidates must apply through Interfolio, https://apply.interfolio.com/121569. Applicants must submit: 1) Cover letter / Statement of prior research experience and career goals; 2) Curriculum Vitae; and 3) At least three professional reference letters.
Questions about the position, and additional documents, should be directed to:
Farnaz Shamsi, PhD
Department of Molecular Pathobiology
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
For people in the EU, click here for information on your privacy rights under GDPR: www.nyu.edu/it/gdpr
NYU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its recruitment and hiring process without regard to age, alienage, caregiver status, childbirth, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, domestic violence victim status, ethnicity, familial status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, partnership status, predisposing genetic characteristics, pregnancy, race, religion, reproductive health decision making, sex, sexual orientation, unemployment status, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels.
NYU aims to be among the greenest urban campuses in the country and carbon neutral by 2040. Learn more at nyu.edu/sustainability
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert