Expert Science & Technology - CPP
Millions! Novartis made a decision to pursue early discovery research internally to allow us to quickly translate the most impactful discoveries into therapeutics for millions of patients.
Associate will be part of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Profiling (CPP), a dynamic pharmaceutics team in early drug discovery, focused on selection of developable compounds for unmet medical needs
Responsibilities include conducting pre-formulation assessments on discovery compounds, developing pre-clinical formulations, providing developability assessments, and recommending formulation for first in human studies for new chemical entities (NCE).
Associate should be agile and ready to utilize solid state characterization techniques (XRPD, Raman, TGA/DSC, DVS, and particle sizing) and analytical techniques (HPLC, UPLC, LC/MS, GC/MS, and in vitro dissolution) to provide developability assessment results required for candidate selection. Emphasis is on generating quality physicochemical data for stability/solubility/formulation screening utilizing very small amounts of NCE. Deep understanding of biopharmaceutics (in vitro, in silico and in vitro) is also required.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Design, plan and perform scientific experiments and contribute to project-related scientific/technical activities (e.g., interpret results, evaluate data, draw relevant conclusions, and write/review reports).
• Provide efficient and robust processes for the analysis of intermediates, drug substances and drug products. Participate in sub-teams and fulfill all tasks and responsibilities related to own discipline.
• Interact/collaborate with research and/or other line functions to facilitate transfer of knowledge and deliveries of drug substance and/or drug product.
• Contribute to evaluation of new scientific technologies and various innovative initiatives within the team.
• Utilize complex tools/equipment, lab automation tools and specialized facilities. Maintain infrastructure/equipment and required investments.
• Report and present scientific/technical results internally and contribute to publications, presentations and patents.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
• MS in Pharmaceutics, Chemistry or equivalent with 4-6 years of pharmaceutical industry experience.
• Excellent written and oral communication skill as candidate will be working with Global scientists in USA and Switzerland.
• Problem-solving and idea generation skills.
• Good presentation skills.
Why consider Novartis?
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
At Novartis, we are reimagining medicine.
Our purpose is to reimagine medicine to improve and extend people's lives. We use innovative science and technology to address some of society's most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible.
Novartis has one of the industry’s most competitive pipelines. Many of these projects, which include new molecular entities as well as additional indications and different formulations for marketed products, are for medicines that could significantly advance treatment standards for patients worldwide.
We have entered an exciting era in health and biomedical innovation. Powered by our incredible colleagues, supported by our flexible-hybrid working model, new AI powered learning, personal growth and career platform and a refreshed commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion, we are well-poised to help lead this transformative moment for our industry and for ourselves. Join Us!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert