Associate Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry/Radiochemistry
- Alpha-9 Theranostics
- Vancouver, British Columbia (CA)
- Competitive salary, bonus, & equity, extended health & dental benefits, 5% RRSP match & generous PTO
- Closing date
- Apr 24, 2023
- Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Health Sciences, Cancer Research, Medicinal/Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- Research Scientist, Other
- Organization Type
Alpha-9 Theranostics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing radiopharmaceuticals that image and treat solid and hematologic malignancies. Alpha-9 has a portfolio of molecules entering clinical trials and a robust pipeline of additional targets for future development. Building on years of radiopharmaceutical expertise and with backing from leading healthcare investors, Alpha-9 is committed to developing novel radiopharmaceuticals that meaningfully extend patients’ lives.
Alpha-9 is seeking Associate Scientists to join our Medicinal Chemistry/Radiochemistry group. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience in synthetic organic chemistry, including in the synthesis, isolation and purification of either small molecules, peptides or peptidomimetics. This person will be responsible synthesizing peptides/peptidomimetic building blocks and precursors for radiopharmaceutical product candidates. Experience with solid-phase peptide synthesis and radiolabeling in the discovery setting is a plus, but training would be provided if needed.
We are an early-stage company, so you will have the opportunity to participate cross-functionally and contribute to the build-out and set-up of new laboratory facilities. The ideal candidate will have multi-tasking ability and a desire to strive in a fast-paced environment.
Some specific duties and tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Synthesis of peptides/peptidomimetics or small molecule-based building blocks and drug substances for radiopharmaceutical development Compound characterization employing LC-MS/MS, GC-MS, HPLC and NMR Active participation in discussions and present results in team meetings Key participant in the writing of patent applications Contribution to build-out and set up of a new laboratory facility Maintenance of clear and accurate lab records, adherence to all safety and compliance requirements Lab maintenance and support of ordering and receipt of needed supplies
- BS or MS. degree in Chemistry or related area with 2-5+ years of related industrial experience Solid understanding and practical experience in synthetic organic chemistry Solid experience in modern synthetic and analytical techniques Experience with solid-phase peptide synthesis preferred, but not required Experience in radiopharmaceutical discovery preferred, but not required Excellent observational, organizational, data management, and documentation skills A team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a strong passion for the discovery of targeted therapies in a fast-paced start-up environment
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert