Lab Operations Associate
- Alpha-9 Theranostics
- Vancouver, British Columbia (CA)
- Competitive salary, bonus, equity, extended health & dental benefits, 5% RRSP match, generous PTO
- Closing date
- Apr 24, 2023
- Life Sciences, Cancer Research, Other Life Science
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- Technician, Other
- Organization Type
Alpha-9 Theranostics is a clinical stage, radiopharmaceutical company developing imaging and therapeutic molecules for solid and hematologic malignancies. We have multiple molecules that are headed into clinic within the next few years, and a robust pipeline of additional targets for future development. Using proprietary technology and the Company’s expertise, these differentiated molecules have the potential to meaningfully extend patients’ lives with favorable safety profiles. Alpha-9 was founded by researchers from the University of British Columbia and BC Cancer, with the goal of improving the lives of patients affected by metastatic cancers.
Alpha-9 is seeking a Laboratory Operations Technician to join our growing organization. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, highly organized, and operate independently. This person will support R&D laboratory operations in our new Vancouver, BC based facility.
In this role you will have the opportunity to contribute to the set-up and operation of new laboratory facilities, and to be part of a dynamic R&D team focused on developing novel and impactful radiopharmaceuticals to detect and treat cancer.
- Maintain organization of the lab, including ordering and stocking lab supplies and gases Responsible for day-to-day maintenance of shared lab equipment including freezers, incubators, centrifuges and biosafety cabinets to ensure efficient operations and cleanliness, including daily operation of laboratory dishwasher Oversee and coordinate tracking of calibration, preventative maintenance, and service contracts for laboratory equipment Serve as primary contact for laboratory service vendors Establish lab procedures, create and manage lab-related documentation, organize annual lab cleanouts Manage shipping for domestic and international shipment of lab materials Coordinate with IT to ensure computers, data collection systems and associated equipment are functioning in the laboratory Work with leadership, HR and IT to anticipate and plan for future lab needs Support EH&S Manager in execution of hazardous waste segregation, collection and disposal Maintain laboratory safety standards and ensure a safe working environment Additional duties and responsibilities as required
- BS in a scientific discipline Minimum of 2 years experience working in a laboratory space, preferably in an industrial setting Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to accomplish laboratory goals with a positive attitude Strong interpersonal skills and ability to adapt to a wide array of personalities and work styles A general interest in life sciences and/or laboratory operations management Ability to physically perform duties, such as lifting up to 25 pounds, bending, and reaching above shoulder level
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert