Research Assistant (m/f/d) in the field of civil engineering, material sciences, geosciences, proces
- Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung (BAM)
- Berlin (DE)
- Closing date
- Mar 23, 2023
- Physical Sciences, Chemistry, Engineering, Geoscience, Materials Science
- Position Type
- Job Type
- Research Scientist, Staff Scientist
- Organization Type
To strengthen our team in the division 7.4 "Technology of Construction Materials" in Berlin-Steglitz, starting as soon as possible, we are looking for a
Research Assistant (m/f/d) in the field of civil engineering, material sciences, geosciences, process engineering, chemistry or cf.
Salary group 13 TVöD
Temporary contract until 15.03.2024
Full-time / suitable as part-time employment
The Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und ‑prüfung (BAM) is a materials research organization in Germany. Our mission is to ensure safety in technology and chemistry. We perform research and testing in materials science, materials engineering and chemistry to improve the safety of products and processes. At BAM we do research that matters. Our work covers a broad array of topics in the focus areas of energy, infrastructure, environment, materials, and analytical sciences.
We are looking for talented people to join us.
Your responsibilities include:
Scientific activity in a research project about low carbon concrete made from agricultural waste. Specific tasks include:
- Research and development in the area of process development for chemical and mineral cement and concrete components from agricultural residues
- Communication, management, and coordination of the construction of a thermal processing plant for building materials in Ghana
- Design, development, and construction of a thermal processing plant for the production of concrete constituents and precursors for reactive ashes from agricultural residues in Ghana
- Process optimisation of thermal treatment for different agricultural residues
- Optimisation of building materials with regard to technical properties, circular local value chains and CO2 emissions
- Documentation, presentation, and publication of the results
- Completed academic university degree (Dipl.-Ing., Master) in civil engineering, materials science, geosciences, process engineering, chemistry, or a comparable field of study
- Knowledge of the manufacturing processes of mineral building materials is desirable
- Experience in interdisciplinary and intercultural cooperation is an advantage
- Knowledge of the analysis of cement and concrete is desirable
- Willingness to carry out business trips and on-site assignments within the project framework
- Very good knowledge of English, both written and spoken
- Good communication and information behaviour, initiative/commitment and ability to make decisions, ability to work in a team and willingness to cooperate as well as conceptual, strategic and innovative thinking skills
- Interdisciplinary research at the interface of politics, economics and society
- Work in national and international networks with universities, research institutes and industrial companies
- Outstanding facilities and infrastructure
- Flexible working hours and mobile working
We welcome applications via the online application form by 10.03.2023. Alternatively, you can also send your application by post, quoting the reference number 26/23-7.4 to:
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und ‑prüfung
Referat Z.3 – Personal
Unter den Eichen 87
Dr. Schmidt will be glad to answer any specific questions you may have. Please get in touch via the telephone number +49 30 8104-3210 and/or by email to email@example.com.
BAM pursues the goal of professional equality between women and men. We therefore particularly welcome applications from women. In addition, BAM supports the integration of severely disabled persons and therefore especially welcomes their applications. With regard to the fulfilment of the job advertisement requirements, the application documents are examined individually. Recognised severely disabled persons will be given preferential consideration if they are equally suitable.
The advertised position requires a high level of physical aptitude.
BAM actively supports the compatibility of work and family and has been certified as a family- and life-phase-conscious employer by the "audit berufundfamilie" since 2015.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert