NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023
- Nanyang Technological University
- Singapore (SG)
- Salary + housing allowance + staff benefits
- Closing date
- Apr 17, 2023
- Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Engineering, Health Sciences, Other, Other, Economics/Political Science, Education, Other Social Science
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- Postdoc Fellowship
- Organization Type
Young and research-intensive, Nanyang Technological University (NTU Singapore), ranked 19th globally and placed among the world’s best young universities, has a vibrant research eco-system with a high proportion of early career researchers. It has a healthy environment for interdisciplinary research collaboration and the research is well-funded.
NTU invites outstanding early-career researchers to apply for appointment as a NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellow (PPF). The PPF aims to provide the opportunity for outstanding early career researchers from Singapore and around the world, to conduct independent investigations in any discipline at NTU. This Fellowship provides research funding over two years. There are personal development opportunities coupled with mentorship in an established research group. These conditions will empower the Fellows to strive for research excellence and impact and enable them to meet their ambitions as global research leaders.
The Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship provides:
- A two-year tenure with a salary of SGD 80,000 per year.
- A research grant of up to SGD 100,000 per year.
- A housing grant of SGD 18,000 per year with eligibility for subsidized apartment accommodation (subject to availability)
- Relocation expenses of up to SGD 4,000 (if eligible)
- Mentorship and support in an established research group.
- Opportunity to work with faculty in mentoring graduate students.
- Exposure to the most dynamic and diverse global growth regions.
- Within 5 years of obtaining PhD. or equivalent degree
- Demonstrable intellectual excellence.
- Maturity and capacity to begin an independent research career.
- Desire and potential to develop as a future academic leader.
- Submit a thoughtful and realistic research proposal
- Be available to take up the position no later than 31 Dec 2023.
HOW TO APPLY
The application is open from 10 Feb 2023 to 30 Apr 2023, Singapore Time UTC/GMT+8.
Applications must be submitted in electronic format via NTU Online Application Portal
The following supporting documents have to be attached to the online application form:
- Cover Letter
- Comprehensive CV (with full publication list)
- Official transcript or Degree Certificate in English (PhD’s degree)
- Research proposal (in no more than 2 pages)
- Contact information of two referees (one must be a PhD Supervisor)
- Top 3 publications (in PDF) and any other supporting documents (scanned copy)
Interested applicants are advised to have all the supporting documents ready and identify a potential NTU mentor (must be NTU full-time faculty member) before applying online. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
For more information on the Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship, please visit our website.
Queries about the application can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert