Postdoctoral Research Associates - NRC Research Associateship Programs
- The National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Medicine
- Various locations in the U.S.
- Commensurate with education and experience
- Closing date
- Apr 16, 2023
- Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Engineering, Health Sciences
- Job Type
- Organization Type
Postdoctoral Research Associates
NRC Research Associateship Programs
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine administers postdoctoral and senior research awards at participating federal laboratories and affiliated institutions at locations throughout the U.S and abroad.
We are seeking highly qualified candidates who hold, or anticipate earning, a doctorate in a variety of fields of science or engineering. Degrees from foreign universities should be equivalent in training and research experience to a doctoral degree from a U.S. institution. Citizenship eligibility varies among the sponsoring laboratories.
Application deadline dates (four annual review cycles):
- February 1
- May 1
- August 1
- November 1
Awardees have the opportunity to:
- Conduct independent research in an area compatible with the interests of the sponsoring laboratory
- Devote full-time effort to research and publication
- Access the excellent and often unique facilities of the federal research enterprise
- Collaborate with leading scientists and engineers at the sponsoring laboratories
Awardee benefits include:
- Stipends ranging from $45,000 to $94,500; may be higher based on experience
- Health insurance (including dental and vision), relocation benefits, and a professional travel allowance
For detailed program information, to search Research Opportunities, and to contact prospective Research Adviser(s) visit www.nas.edu/rap.
The Fellowships Office of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine administers predoctoral, postdoctoral, and senior fellowship awards on behalf of government and private/foundation sponsors. These fellowship awards play an important role in the career development of doctoral and postdoctoral researchers and scholars for the academic, federal, industrial and international workforce.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert