Research Scientist - In Vivo Surgical Studies & Training
- Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
- Closing date
- Feb 23, 2023
- Health Sciences
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- Research Scientist
- Organization Type
6000! That’s the number of associates in the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR). This division is the innovation engine of Novartis, focusing on powerful new technologies that have the potential to help produce therapeutic breakthroughs for patients!
The Research Scientist - In Vivo Surgical Studies & Training is a highly technical and specialized role responsible for collaborating on surgical studies and leading surgical trainings. In this role, you will provide high quality and consistent outcome on surgeries, clear and decisive surgical training, and study design/implementation input to research staff within our multi-building, multi-discipline research program.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Hands-on technical in vivo surgical collaboration (i.e. on study surgeon).
• Train and evaluate new associates to proficiency on applicable surgical techniques and training methods
• Manage assigned surgical collaboration and liaise with assigned research department personnel
• Ensure compliance with all institutional and regulatory protocols, policies, and guidelines
• Pursue continuous learning/professional development opportunities, enhance/expand skill set, and review Comparative Medicine (CM) SOPs/techniques
• Liaise with research community for comprehension of scientific rationale behind study parameters
• Organize in vivo studies for teammates
• Gain certification and proficiency on all applicable surgical skills as required by the role
• Foster peer/team development and performance and contribute to a team-oriented and interactive environment
• Continuously support In Vivo Science and Technology (IST) management in maintaining compliance with all internal and external regulatory agencies in accordance with the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals
• Continuously pursue and provide educational and professional development opportunities to enhance and expand relevant skills and knowledge
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you will bring to the role:
• 2-year degree in Veterinary Sciences, 4-year Science degree, or an equivalent combination of experience along with higher education are required (or country specific equivalents as applicable)
• The level of the position will be commensurate with experience.
• 3+ years of experience in a surgical skills tract laboratory animal program
• LAT Certification preferred or pursued after start
• Excellent mathematic & compound dose/volume administration calculation skills
• Superior written and oral communication and data documentation skills
• Working knowledge of federal, state, local (Animal Welfare) laws, departmental SOPs and Good Laboratory Practices are required
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team’s representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and reasonable accommodation
The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] call +1 (877) 395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $72,700 and $109,100 year; however, while salary ranges are effective from 1/1/23 through 12/31/23, fluctuations in the job market may necessitate adjustments to pay ranges during this period. Further, final pay determinations will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to geographical location, experience level, knowledge, skills and abilities. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
At Novartis, we are reimagining medicine.
Our purpose is to reimagine medicine to improve and extend people's lives. We use innovative science and technology to address some of society's most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible.
Novartis has one of the industry’s most competitive pipelines. Many of these projects, which include new molecular entities as well as additional indications and different formulations for marketed products, are for medicines that could significantly advance treatment standards for patients worldwide.
We have entered an exciting era in health and biomedical innovation. Powered by our incredible colleagues, supported by our flexible-hybrid working model, new AI powered learning, personal growth and career platform and a refreshed commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion, we are well-poised to help lead this transformative moment for our industry and for ourselves. Join Us!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert