Research Operations Analyst - Computational and Quantitative Medicine
- City of Hope
- Duarte, CA
- $30.00 - $43.09 / hour
- Closing date
- Mar 28, 2023
- Life Sciences, Computational Biology
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Organization Type
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.
City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
Under minimal supervision the Sr. Research Operations Analyst (SRO) supports daily operations within the department; independently assists with pre and post award activities including budget preparation, proposals, analysis, and project close out. Expert knowledge of sponsor institutions (i.e. S2S proposal software, GAAP, ERP/PeopleSoft) with the ability to make decisions independently and experience to be a resource to research operations analysts.
Key Responsibilities include:
Research Administration & Financial Management
- Pre and Post award duties
- Generate financial reports for all assigned principal investigators and chart strings.
- Coordinate proposal development and submission in collaboration with PIs, Office of Sponsored Research, IRB, etc.
- Develop, edit and advise on budgets, justifications, biosketches etc.
- Maintain accurate allocation of personnel expenditures and effort on all chart strings within assigned portfolio.
- Reconcile and coordinate monthly and quarterly effort certification of assigned portfolio processing corrective actions as necessary.
- Approve and reconcile purchase orders to verify appropriateness of expense and availability of funds.
- Reconcile chart string activity to ensure accurate expenditure procedures are in accordance with sponsor and COH guidelines.
- Assist in annual departmental budget preparation/development by gathering, analyzing and reporting data as requested.
- Support the project close out processes (clear encumbrances, close POs, closeout sub-awards, pay invoices, etc.)
- Assist BM and PI with contract management, including contract workflow, new agreements and amendments.
- Under direction of the BM, assist with the implementation of long-range financial plans, analyses, and initiatives.
- Under the direction of BD/BM, coordinate personnel actions for department staff and/or faculty as requested including but not limited:
- New hire onboarding (visa requests, AccessNet, login ID, Outlook, etc.)
- NES onboarding (visa requests, AccessNet, login ID, Outlook, etc.)
- Assist in department business activities, including but not limited to: purchasing, facilities, travel, and reporting required by the institution.
- Coordinate building and equipment safety and maintenance and other services.
- Coordinate lab safety training, lab coat services, and other general lab support.
- Other Duties
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor's Degree (any discipline)
- High School diploma or equivalent, and 6-8 years of experience in research administration may substitute for minimum education requirements
- 5+ years related experience in business administration and administrative analysis (budgets, grant accounting, facility or personnel support).
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in business, finance, business administration, research administration, science, or related field is preferred.
- NCURA; SRA Certification
- 2+ years of experience in research administration is preferred.
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate's experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert