Administrative Program Coordinator
- City of Hope
- Duarte, CA
- $30.58 - $47.39 / hour
- Closing date
- Apr 6, 2023
- Life Sciences
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Organization Type
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.
City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
The Administrative Program Coordinator (APC) will closely work with a group of competitive and dedicated cancer biologists and provide sufficient support for their scientific projects and other academic and educational activities. Our preferred candidates should have previous experience working in a research and academic institutes and organizations and have basic knowledge on biological research operations. Specifically, the APC is responsible for supporting the daily research operations with the assigned faculty members and investigators ensuring that research protocols are achieved, reviewing and monitoring research contract and grant proposal applications and awards, pursuing/generating and approving purchasing orders, extramural expenditures, delegating work flow, managing extramural proposal activity with support staff and multiple Principal Investigators (PIs), assisting department manager with monitoring financial management of extramural funding. The APC will also interact with other centralized offices (Safety, Office of Sponsored Research (OSR), Office of Foundation Relations (OFR), Clinical Trials Support Services (CTSS), Office of Technology Licensing (OTL), Legal, Contract Management, core facilities, and other auxiliary offices) to assist and resolve research and laboratory operational issues. The range of duties is broad and requires an essential understanding of the scientific and research gorals, and mission of the City of Hope.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Prepares internal and sponsor requested documents and assists with grant application submissions.
- Process contracts within MediTract as needed, working with vendors, OSR, OTL, Contract Management, and Legal.
- Order laboratory and office supplies using the eProcurement system in Peoplesoft and reconcile charges to ensure items are received.
- Interface with ITS, engineering and BIS for laboratory, facilities, and computer related issues.
- Makes appointments and travel arrangements, and submits reimbursement for faculty and staff.
- Establishes, maintains, and organizes e-files in shared folders.
- Coordinates research projects via facilitating operational and administrative tasks and acting as program liaison for sponsored research, clinical trials office, IRB, and other relevant offices by ensuing deadlines are met, documentation is complete and timely, developing necessary project budgets and providing writing and editing assistance.
- Coordinates data management activities via facilitating operational and administrative tasks and acting as program liaison for Information Sciences and other relevant offices by providing necessary documentation effectively communicating data needs.
- Creates agendas for business meetings with Marketing, Development, Finance and other relevant City of Hope personnel integral to the Program's business operations. Ensures resulting action items for ongoing and new projects are fulfilled as key member of project(s) team.
- Coordinates basic, clinical and/or translational research meetings and research retreats with relevant physicians, scientists and other research support staff by creating agendas, collecting and sharing appropriate information and reports and ensuring resulting action items are fulfilled.
- Provides ongoing communication to Supervisor and Administration regarding program development, fulfillment of program goals and information that may impact fulfillment of goals and budgeted targets.
- Coordinates program's participation in COH internal education programs such as Tumor Board and external educational programs such as CME conferences by drafting agendas and submitting appropriate information to internal and external offices.
- Collects, maintains and tracks relevant measures of program success - clinical trial accrual, grants and manuscripts awarded/submitted, patient volume, finances, quality outcomes etc. in collaboration with other members (disease program support groups/CTO clusters) of relevant programs.
- Works closely with Program Leader(s) in identifying and prioritizing the Programs' administrative, operational, research and resource needs. Create project and business plans to outline needs and strategies for fulfilling needs.
- Works with Marketing Office to support development of marketing plan. Maintains and updates program specific website in coordination with web marketing team.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor's Degree Required, Research Experience is a Plus.
- 3 or more years of progressively responsible experience working in academic and science lab environment, prior experience working on grant applications, knowledge of reference libraries, such as Endnote and Mendeley, the conduct of health science research or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Medical Terminology.
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
- The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate's experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert