positions of director, deputy director and Pls
- Institute of Zoology (IOZ), Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS)
- China (CN)
- Closing date
- May 23, 2023
National Key Laboratory of Animal Biodiversity Conservation and Integrated Pest Management (proposed), Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences invites applications for the positions of director, deputy director and Pls
The Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences (IOZ, CAS) is recruiting the director and deputy directors of the National Key Laboratory of Animal Biodiversity Conservation and Integrated Pest Management (proposed) and welcomes outstanding scientists from China and abroad.
Applicants should be highly qualified and internationally recognized in the research fields of zoological systematics, animal biodiversity, animal ecology, evolutionary biology, conservation biology, animal behavior, integrated pest management, insect physiology and genomics, chemical communication, biotic interaction etc.
Applicants should have demonstrated an outstanding ability of academic leadership, innovative potential, scientific stringency and have a forward-looking vision for discipline development and laboratory administration. The applicants for director should be younger than 50 years and work full-time in the key laboratory. The applicants for deputy directors should be younger than 45 years and work full-time in the key laboratory.
Both Institute of Zoology and the key laboratory will offer outstanding working facilities and excellent scientific infrastructures to coming members.
Application documents include:
- a curriculum vitae;
- three letters of recommendation with a scanned version with expert's signature. Contact address and telephone number of the expert are required;
- overall management plan and term objectives of the national key laboratory provided by applicants for director (within 2000 words);
- vision and term objectives of laboratory management as well as directions, plans and expected objectives of his/her future research provided by applicants for deputy directors (within 2000 words);
- copies of education certificates, and copies of professional and technical certificates;
- copies of 10 representative academic works published in recent ten years (only the first page and the marking page are included), with a list of all works and achievements attached;
- other supporting materials.
Please send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org before July 31, 2023.
National Key Laboratory of Animal Diversity Conservation and Integrated Pest Management (proposed), Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences will focus on the challenge of rapid loss of animal biodiversity and pest management in China, and aim to reveal the mechanisms underlying animal biodiversity maintenance/loss and pest outbreak, to develop molecular manipulation, behavioral interference and other smart pest management technologies, and thereby provide Chinese solutions for animal biodiversity conservation and pest management.
IOZ is entering a period of rapid development. There are many opening positions of Pis (principal investigators) in the above research areas. We invite talented applicants worldwide. Further information on the vacant positions can be obtained from Ms. Xia (Email: email@example.com). We look forward to your application on line or via email including a cover letter, CV, a short outline of your current research or projects. In addition, up to three letters of professional reference are required from applicants when he/she is in the pipeline of the recruitment.
For more information, please visit http://english.ioz.cas.cn/.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert