Call for group leaders 2023
- Institute of Psychiatry and Neuroscience of Paris (IPNP) of Universite Paris Cite and INSERM
- The Institute of Psychiatry and Neuroscience of Paris (IPNP)
- Meet criteria for obtaining national/international funding, and French research positions.
- Closing date
- Apr 11, 2023
- Life Sciences, Neuroscience, Health Sciences, Psychiatry/Psychology
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- Group Leader/Principal Investigator, Research Scientist
- Organization Type
The Institute of Psychiatry and Neuroscience of Paris (IPNP) of Université Paris Cité and INSERM (https://ipnp.paris5.inserm.fr/research/teams-and-projects) is located in a 4300 m² brand new building located in central Paris, on the campus of Sainte-Anne Hospital (https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Sainte-Anne_Hospital_Center). IPNP hosts a total of 14 junior and senior teams devoted to integrated basic and clinical research in psychiatry and neuroscience. The IPNP host platforms for advanced microscopy, biochemistry, ultrasound imaging, rodent phenotyping, BSL-2 tissue culture rooms, mouse and rat animal houses and zebrafish husbandry.
We are seeking two junior and/or senior principal investigators wishing to join the IPNP in order to develop projects using zebrafish (1 team) or human iPSC (1 team) as model systems, in Psychiatry or Neurosciences in line with IPNP’s research areas (https://ipnp.paris5.inserm.fr/research/research-areas). Projects that enable interactions with current teams at the IPNP will be prioritized.
Junior Group Leader: Appropriate office and laboratory space for up to 6 persons/team will be available. Successful candidates must be between 3 to 8 years of their PhD degree and meet criteria for obtaining French institutional research positions (INSERM, University) as well as national and/or international starting grants.
Senior Group Leader: Appropriate office and laboratory space for up to 10 persons/team will be available. Successful candidates must hold a permanent research position in France and funding for the upcoming years.
Applications (in English) should be sent to email@example.com, and should include in one single pdf ‘applicantName_neuropsy2023.pdf’:
- a 1-page personal statement explaining why you are interested in joining our Interdisciplinary Institute,
- a 4-page research plan for the next 5 years,
- a full CV (academic track, publications, patents, awards and fellowships, invited conferences, and teaching/training experience),
- contact details of 3-5 individuals who can be contacted for recommendation letters.
Deadline for applications is April 15, 2023. Short-listed candidates will be informed in mid-July and invited for interviews in front of the international scientific advisory board (iSAB) and to visit our Institute on September 7-8, 2023. Please address any question regarding the call to Dr Thierry Galli, IPNP’s director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert