The Mary and Dick Holland Regenerative Medicine Program at the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC) invites applications for faculty positions of any rank on a continuous basis. The Regenerative Medicine Program focuses on novel translational approaches that will strengthen UNMC’s already renowned research curriculum. By uniting interdisciplinary researchers, we seek to work collaboratively to advance our research into new, life-saving cures in 21st-century medicine.
The ideal applicant should have a Ph.D., M.D. or equivalent degree with postdoctoral training in a related field such as developmental biology, bioengineering, cell biology. Independent research goals should be in the fields of tissue engineering, extracellular matrix or any regenerative medicine research associated field. Candidates should have a successful record of research accomplishments including publications, presentations and extramural funding. The candidate will be expected to establish an innovative, extramurally funded research program, including carrying out and publishing original research as well as contributing to teaching and service activities within the University. This person will work collaboratively with other scientists throughout UNMC and the University of Nebraska system. Applications are now being accepted online at https://unmc.peopleadmin.com/postings/75356. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The Regenerative Medicine Program under the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research has approximately 25,000 square feet of laboratory space and administrative areas. The space includes fully updated, state of the art research and engineering equipment. The position offers competitive compensation, as well as a generous start up package.
- Vibrant Omaha Metro of 840,000+ residents has perfect blend of big-city amenities and Midwest hospitality
- Voted one of America’s “Best Places to Live, Work & Play” by Kiplinger’s Magazine
- Low cost of living, excellent shopping and over 2,000 restaurants
- Enjoy the lively downtown district, historic Old Market area, scenic riverfront or 10,500 acres of picturesque park land.
- With everything from a world-class zoo to the College World Series to the nation’s largest community theater, there’s something for everyone!