Pathologist Assoc Director Oncology Translational - Multiple Positions
- Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
- Closing date
- Feb 5, 2023
- Life Sciences, Oncology, Health Sciences, Pathology
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- Organization Type
1 purpose...to reimagine medicine!
The Oncology Translational Research group at NIBR is recruiting a research-oriented pathologist to provide scientific and clinical expertise to inform patient selection strategies and biomarker development. You will partner across the full range of Oncology programs (small molecules, biotherapeutics, radioligand therapies, and Immuno-Oncology) from target identification through phase III clinical studies.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Provide strategic scientific and clinical input to the Oncology Pathology & Biomarkers group and project teams locally and internationally
- Work closely with research and clinical project teams (Scientists and Physician-Scientists) to craft and interpret slide and human tissue-based experiments; evaluate biomarkers in human and xenograft samples via techniques such as IHC, ISH, IF, LCM, and protein assays
- Explore utility of innovative tissue-based technologies for drug discovery (e.g. multiplex FIHC, deep learning on digital pathology images, spatial transcriptomics)
- Lead scientific associates to design and conduct experiments, to interpret and challenge experimental results
- Network internally and externally with other pathologists, clinicians, and scientists on project activities
- Engage in independent research with colleagues across Oncology Translational Research and broader Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research Disease Areas and Translational Medicine groups
- Author internal reports and presentations
- Champion writings of external publications and patent applications
- Conduct and supervise your lab to ensure compliance with HSE guidelines and policies
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $201,600 and $302,400 / year; however, while salary ranges are effective from 1/1/22 through 12/31/22, fluctuations in the job market may necessitate adjustments to pay ranges during this period. Further, final pay determinations will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to geographical location, experience level, knowledge, skills and abilities. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
This position will be located at the Cambridge, MA site and will not have the ability to be located remotely. This position will not require travel as defined by the business (domestic and/ or international).
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Candidates must have an MD, MD/PhD, or DVM/PhD with formal training in anatomic pathology.
- 4 years of clinical or industry experience in anatomic pathology.
- Proven expertise in tissue-based analysis, such as interpretation of Immuno Histo-Chemistry, interpretation of tissue microarrays, and image analysis.
- Solid understanding of DNA/RNA based methodologies for tissue-based analysis preferred.
- Proven success in supervising technical staff.
- PhD-level research experience in pathology, molecular genetics, immunology or related field preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- The ideal candidate will be collaborative, innovative, and self-directed, with outstanding teamwork capabilities.
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network ( https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network ).
At Novartis, we are reimagining medicine.
Our purpose is to reimagine medicine to improve and extend people's lives. We use innovative science and technology to address some of society's most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible.
Novartis has one of the industry’s most competitive pipelines. Many of these projects, which include new molecular entities as well as additional indications and different formulations for marketed products, are for medicines that could significantly advance treatment standards for patients worldwide.
We have entered an exciting era in health and biomedical innovation. Powered by our incredible colleagues, supported by our flexible-hybrid working model, new AI powered learning, personal growth and career platform and a refreshed commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion, we are well-poised to help lead this transformative moment for our industry and for ourselves. Join Us!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert