Solutions Architect, Manager
6000! That’s the number of associates in the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR). This division is the innovation engine of Novartis, focusing on powerful new technologies that have the potential to help produce therapeutic breakthroughs for patients.
This opportunity is located at the Novartis (NIBR) Cambridge, MA site, and will not have the ability to be located remotely.
The Digital Innovation and Analytics group in NIBR Scientific Operations supports a diverse group of functions directly supporting the scientific research community. Spanning across coordinating and conducting invivo research, ensuring scientists are supplied with critical consumables, chemicals and managing compliance to controlled substances and other sensitive materials. The goal and mission of our team is to lead and enable thee digital transformation across these spaces with deep data insights and innovative solutions.
You will be collaborating with these functions and the research community to uncover opportunities to increase the connectivity of our systems and data, discover data-driven recommendations to improve the quality and efficacy of our services, and create novel and creative solutions to impact the speed and quality of our drug discovery mission. While the current digital portfolio is strong and robust, there are always opportunities to identify and deliver innovation to support our scientists in a better way!
Major accountabilities & key activities
• Build deep understanding of SciOps functional areas and relevant scientific community operations in order to meaningfully translate customer needs into scalable and deployable solutions
• Engage with global and cross-functional colleagues to uncover opportunities to transform data into actionable insights and analytics
• Actively participate in and influence discussions around end-user requirements, design, and infrastructure
• Proactively lead initiatives across the technology landscape to identify new emerging trends and technologies
• Create, develop, configure and maintain technology solutions required for PoCs, iterating or pivoting as required
• Provide technical leadership to support broader innovation team conversations with the business
• Engage with Functional Area leadership to introduce and ideate innovative solutions focused on enhancing and improving end user experience and operational efficiency
• Build long-term relationships with our Scientific Operations teams to support the development of Digital Innovation and Analytics in their teams over the long-term
Solutions Development Specialty
• Develop advanced data visualizations leveraging both established guidelines and custom designs
• Develop bespoke business workflow solutions using Office 365, AWS, and Databricks platforms
• Create complex formulas and calculations within visualization software and backend databases to meet the needs of complex business logic
• Use strong SQL skills to create and maintain the data transformation processes feeding the Scientific Operations Centralized Data Lake and analytics solutions
• Follow rigorous and structured testing, iteration, and feedback gathering processes to ensure user adoption and continuous improvement of products
Data and Infrastructure Specialty
• Contributes to developing and monitoring the organization's technology architecture and future technology vision. Develop reports in conjunction with the Solution Developer which demonstrate business opportunities and road map strategies that add business value.
• Design, implement, integrate, and support software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment
• Install, configure, and develop programs and related distributed system software on multiple mainframe/distributed hardware/software environments. Collaborate and consult with application development teams to determine platform selection, efficient transaction design, and use.
• Manage and maintain backend infrastructure for productive solutions; upgrade, scale, and troubleshoot to support business needs
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Experience Requirements (Core Skills and Capabilities):
• Bachelor's degree in a STEM field or equivalent experience (Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, etc.); Master's degree is preferred
• Generally curious person with interest in exploring and building a deep understanding of the SciOps functions and NIBR R&D process beyond only what is required for individual tasks
• Knowledge of developing and deploying PoCs using IoT, ML, AI, and other novel technologies
• Expertise in visual analytics design and development, preferably in TIBCO Spotfire
• Expertise with relational databases (Oracle, SAP, pgSQL) and ETL processes (Python, Scala)
• Expertise with cloud environments and technologies, primarily AWS (RDS, EC2, VPC, Lambda)
• Expertise in programming skills in Linux Shell/CLI, Python, Powershell, etc
• Experience in full stack development Python, Flask, React, etc.
• Experience with enabling modern deep learning software architectures and frameworks including Tensorflow, PyTorch or other frameworks
• 3+ years in analytics development performing both visualization and data aggregation
• 5+ years in operations and/or customer focused role
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $124,000 and $186,000/per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
COVID-19: While Novartis does not require vaccination at this time, for certain Novartis sites in the US all associates and candidates may be required to either upload an image of their COVID-19 vaccine card demonstrating proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (or other similar evidence of vaccination) or proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken by the associate or candidate within the past seven days to enter any of our sites and/or customer office or healthcare facility, as well as prior to participating in other work related off-site meetings. Employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers’ (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to [email protected] .
#LI-NOV = Novartis
At Novartis, we are reimagining medicine.
Our purpose is to reimagine medicine to improve and extend people's lives. We use innovative science and technology to address some of society's most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible.
Novartis has one of the industry’s most competitive pipelines. Many of these projects, which include new molecular entities as well as additional indications and different formulations for marketed products, are for medicines that could significantly advance treatment standards for patients worldwide.
We have entered an exciting era in health and biomedical innovation. Powered by our incredible colleagues, supported by our flexible-hybrid working model, new AI powered learning, personal growth and career platform and a refreshed commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion, we are well-poised to help lead this transformative moment for our industry and for ourselves. Join Us!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert