AD, REMS Center of Excellence
$500 million! That’s the savings Sandoz has provided in just two years to the US healthcare system as a result of the successful adoption of one of our oncology supportive care biosimilar into clinical practice. Sandoz has eight biosimilar approved globally - including four in the US - and more than ten in the pipeline. Biosimilar may enable more patients to access advanced biologic medicines earlier, and Sandoz has proven that biosimilar offer significant savings for overburdened health systems. We are looking for curious, innovative, driven people to help us get these products into the market. Maybe that’s you.
Strategically partners with internal and external stakeholders to provide a Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies (REMS) center of excellence that supports positioning Sandoz as the industry leader in generics and biosimilars.
1. Serves as the REMS advisor and expert for the organization.
2. Leads REMS team on project/product teams throughout the product life cycle and contributes to the development and implementation of innovative, evidence-based risk management solutions, including enhanced pharmacovigilance and risk minimization activities that will ensure optimized benefit with minimized risk.
3. Accountable for successful delivery of all REMS programs within the organization.
4. Leads and manages a team of REMS experts responsible for the oversight and implementation of innovative REMS programs.
5. Provides strategic and innovative input on product risk evaluation and REMS elements to optimize safe use.
6. Drives execution of REMS development, implementation, and operationalization according to agreed upon strategies.
7. Monitors and reports progress of REMS/product launches and operations locally and globally, identifies risks and mitigations, highlights and resolves issues, consults with executive leadership for input/approval when appropriate.
8. Participate and/or lead the evaluation and selection of preferred external consultants/vendors to meet business needs.
9. Develop and manage vendor contracts with the support of project teams.
10. Strategically partner with internal business units, including but not limited to Regulatory Affairs, Medical Affairs, Legal, and Pharmacovigilance in the development and management of REMS programs.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $.00 and $.00 a year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factor
500 million patients were touched by Sandoz generic and biosimilar medicines in 2021 and while we’re proud of this, we know there is more we could do to continue to help pioneer access to medicines for people around the world.
How will we do this? We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Sandoz!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
PharmD, RN, PhD, MS, MPH, MBA, or BS with considerable experience
• Minimum of 4 years leading and managing REMS programs, with 3 years of REMS strategy
• Minimum of 8 years in pharmaceutical industry
• Minimum of 3 years leading and managing people
Travel: Up to 15%
Can be remote
At Novartis, we are reimagining medicine.
Our purpose is to reimagine medicine to improve and extend people's lives. We use innovative science and technology to address some of society's most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible.
Novartis has one of the industry’s most competitive pipelines. Many of these projects, which include new molecular entities as well as additional indications and different formulations for marketed products, are for medicines that could significantly advance treatment standards for patients worldwide.
We have entered an exciting era in health and biomedical innovation. Powered by our incredible colleagues, supported by our flexible-hybrid working model, new AI powered learning, personal growth and career platform and a refreshed commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion, we are well-poised to help lead this transformative moment for our industry and for ourselves. Join Us!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert