Environmental Scientist - Compliance
- Environmental Works, Inc.
- Springfield, Missouri (US)
- Closing date
- Mar 3, 2023
- Life Sciences, Environmental Science
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- Organization Type
- All Industry
ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTIST - COMPLIANCE | ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- On a daily basis, operate a well network and water treatment system that monitors and recovers contaminated groundwater and treats it prior to discharge to the sanitary sewer.
- Perform physical labor, mostly in an outdoor environment, associated with operation and maintenance of the remediation facility.
- Collect environmental data including oil/water levels in the wells, weather data, treatment system flow logs, and sampling of stormwater and wastewater outfalls.
- Self-manage workload given regular daily, monthly, and annual tasks, alongside other non-regular tasks that are assigned by the project team
- Complete and submit paperwork in a detailed and timely manner and submit regular written reports to the project team. Site Operator must have good attention to detail.
- Inspect the facility for compliance with site permits and take corrective actions when issues are identified.
- Maintain the grounds, buildings, and equipment at the facility.
- Respond to security alarms and assist with emergency responses at the facility.
- Follow applicable safety rules, regulations, guidelines, policies, and site specific safety plans when performing activities and donning protective gear.
ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTIST - COMPLIANCE | COMPETENCIES
- Familiarity Hazardous Waste Operations (HAZWOPER).
- Mechanical knowledge and ability to troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electronic control issues.
- Knowledge of building and grounds maintenance.
- Must be able to interpret and follow written and oral instructions and assignments.
- Must be able to clearly and concisely provide written reports.
- General knowledge of computers, for reporting and time/expense purposes.
- Must be able to follow health and safety plans and upgrade personal protective equipment as appropriate.
- Must be able to self-manage and stay on task.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a team and learn new skills.
ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTIST - COMPLIANCE | POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
Full-time position, estimated 40 hours per week, facility located in Springfield, Missouri. Ability to work flexible hours with minor after-hours, weekend, and holiday work as needed
ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTIST - COMPLIANCE | REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- For insurability purposes a valid Driver’s License is required.
- High School Diploma or GED.
ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTIST - COMPLIANCE | PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 40-hour HAZWOPER certified strongly preferred
- Water treatment experience is a plus.
- Troubleshooting and repairs experience with pumps, motors, and piping is a plus.
- Experience operating heavy equipment is a plus.
ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTIST - COMPLIANCE | OTHER DUTIES:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTIST - COMPLIANCE | WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed mostly in an uncontrolled atmosphere. Exposure to harsh conditions such as: dust, fumes, chemicals, hazardous materials, noise, and varying weather and temperatures for long periods of time is possible. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas. Work in diverse environments such as confined spaces, various heights, and storage tanks. Work outdoors in all weather conditions; extreme heat, cold, dry, or wet environment.
ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTIST - COMPLIANCE | PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers, grip, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk and hear. Ability to regularly lift and carry 50 pounds. Sitting 20%, standing/walking 80%.
ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTIST - COMPLIANCE | AAP/EEO
Environmental Works provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
WHO IS EWI AND WHY SHOULD YOU WORK FOR US?!
Great question. Let's discuss…
At EWI the WORK is the boss and we TRUST our team to do their jobs well! We seek candidates with high potential because we believe the best deserve to be surrounded by the best!
We are a company focused on GSD. In fact, that's our mission. But to GSD successfully, we build a team of enjoyable, productive people, who believe that taking responsibility for our own happiness. We look for people and develop them toward our leadership values of:
Builds Talent in Self and Others
Getting Stuff Done
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert