Open Rank Lecturer, Department of Biological & Biomedical Sciences
- Rowan University - Department of Biological & Biomedical Sciences
- Glassboro, New Jersey
- Closing date
- Mar 1, 2023
- Life Sciences, Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Other, Education
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Technician
- Organization Type
The Department of Biological & Biomedical Sciences is seeking to hire qualified individuals as full-time Lecturer, with part of their duties as a Laboratory Technician. This is a hybrid, 12-month position that will require successful candidates to teach courses for a total of 18 credit hours per year. In addition to the teaching load, six (6) credits of release time will be awarded to perform laboratory technician duties. The teaching assignments will be based on departmental needs, but may include both introductory-level biology courses as well as upper-level areas in the candidate’s area of expertise. Successful candidates will be expected to perform course and lab coordination including working closely with other course coordinators to implement laboratory curriculum, lead or assist in the development of new laboratory exercises, develop new classroom exercises using modern pedagogical approaches, and oversee graduate teaching fellows and adjunct instructors. Additional service may include department, college, and/or university-level committees, advising student clubs, and/or other student-focused activities.
- A master's degree or higher in biological sciences, or closely related discipline, is required. A Ph.D. is strongly preferred.
- Deep knowledge of general subject matter in biology and expertise in best pedagogical practices
- Prior teaching experience is expected
- Ability to prepare and organize laboratory and demonstration materials
- Strong ability to set priorities
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work a highly flexible schedule including nights or weekends
- Ability to solve problems creatively in an evolving environment
Starting Date: July 1, 2023
The applications must be submitted through Rowan University’s job portal (https://jobs.rowan.edu/en-us/listing/) and should contain the following information:
- curriculum vitae
- cover letter
- statement of teaching philosophy that includes the candidate’s commitment to and experience with inclusive teaching and mentoring practices
- statement of your approach to leadership/management
- unofficial graduate transcripts
- names and contact information for three references
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. Rowan University’s College of Science and Mathematics is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and especially encourages applications from women and individuals from underrepresented groups in higher education.
Review of applications will commence on February 15, 2023 and continue until the position is filled. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and the department will not sponsor an applicant for a work visa for this position.
Questions should be directed to Dr. Stephen Bentivenga, Head, Department of Biological & Biomedical Sciences (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert